New Haven, CT
    Post Likes

LED Tape Light Options

I am looking at LED tape lights for undercabinet lighting in the kitchen. There seem to be a ton of companies at price ranges from $10 to $200 for a 16ft roll. Obviously, the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. $200 per roll is too much for us. I can use a referral for a mid range, high quality product. From there, I can find the rails, wires, drivers, diffusers, etc... to finish the setup.

Bonus question. What temperature range do you prefer for undercounter lighting?

Western PA
    Post Likes
    Haven't used the stuff for undercounter lighting per se, but I bought a cheap ($15) roll on Amazon and installed it in my work van.

After 6 months, every strip still works, so that attests to durability beyond anything a kitchen will see in a lifetime.

I plan on installing some in a pantry type storage room in my basement when I build it and have considered doing the same with a under cabinet system similar to what you describe.

3. Likes DanM liked this post.