Thread: Siemens

Siemens

how do you enable telnet MMI in a pxc field panel that has firmware rev higher than 2.8.1 ??

Hyper terminal into panel and under ip settings it will ask if you want telnet enabled. Enter thru all your ip settings in order to get all the way to the bottom. This will cold start your panel also.

Is there an Insight front end? Go to system profile and double click on the panel you want to enable telnet. Find the button "Terminal Definitions" a config window will open with a check box to enable telnet. Click OK on all the windows to close out. This will enable telnet with out cold starting the panel and you don't even have to go to the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkas View Post
    Is there an Insight front end? Go to system profile and double click on the panel you want to enable telnet. Find the button "Terminal Definitions" a config window will open with a check box to enable telnet. Click OK on all the windows to close out. This will enable telnet with out cold starting the panel and you don't even have to go to the panel.
    this area is grayed out in this firmware version. cannot click "enable telnet".

It needs to be configured at the panel first, follow my steps above.

Is this PXCM on a PII hard wired trunk or on ethernet?

Telnet is a feature of an Ethernet network

I know, Just checking that gazoo knows that. Should be able to do it from the front end even if its never had telnet enabled before. I do it all the time.