Question Rheem furnace troubleshooting

I have early 1990’s Rheem furnace in the new house I moved to this year. It worked OK until today. The unit’s induction fan comes on, hot plate lights up, but the unit doesn’t turn the gas on. Checked the units 24V is OK, both over temperature sensors have continuity, but the valve solenoid is not getting energized. I need advice to point if this is faulty control board or it still could be the hot ignition (since the blue wire goes from board to the hot plate ignition unit and also to the valve solenoid). I do not have a technician I can trust here yet (Orland Park IL) so would really appreciate help.

Sincerely MKruzel

How exactly do you intend to find a "tech you can trust?"

Too bad you're all the way out in Orland...A bit too far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mkruzel View Post
    The unit’s induction fan comes on, hot plate lights up,

Is this furnace for keeping food warm or people? Hot Plate?

With the issue you are having you really need to call a Pro. this is something that only a Pro. will be able to correct for you safely.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the helpful info. you can get from this site as a homeowner doesnt include any DIY advice. hopefully, one of the pros here knows someone in the area and can give you a recommendation/referal. RE-read the site rules that you had to have seen when you signed up as a member for any questions about what i'm telling you. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mr horsepower View Post
    i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the helpful info. you can get from this site as a homeowner doesnt include any DIY advice. hopefully, one of the pros here knows someone in the area and can give you a recommendation/referal. RE-read the site rules that you had to have seen when you signed up as a member for any questions about what i'm telling you. good luck.
    Thank you. I certainly welcome recommendation finding trustworthy professional in my new area. Regards mkruzel.

OK. I turned it off, reseated all wire connections going to hot plate ignition module and the unit fired up on the next attempt - I guess this was just oxidation on the terminal - probably saved myself couple thousand. .
    Thanks for your reply. Regards. MKruzel.

PS. I still could use the references to the proper pro for future.

glad you got it working. this, now, would be a perfect time to continue whatever research you need to that would put you in touch with a good service company in your area. you don't have to rush the decision and you'll feel more comforatable with any future 'big' decisions repair-wise with a company you've established a good working relationship with (same as you'd do with your car mechanic, family doctor, massage therapist , etc ...) *as a side note - i'd recommend cycling the power (at a breaker or switch) to anything that runs on electricity, esp. anything that has a circut board, to see if whatever problem you're having continues to be a problem afterward. off, wait a few minutes, on and re-check. occasionally you'll get lucky.