Women in combat = Women in the draft.

When Jimmy Carter restarted the draft in 1980, women were deemed ineligible because they weren't allowed in combat. Now that they will be allowed in combat, there will be no legal obstacles to drafting women.

Yay! Now you can send your sister or your daughter to war, and you and/or your son can stay home.

Get me another beer before you head out the door, honey.

http://news.yahoo.com/women-combat-r...225900518.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...e_service.html
    Last edited by Space Racer; 01-29-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

There is no draft.

Technically all males are suppose to register in case there is a draft. And if Women are deemed eligible for combat then I would think that at some point the many need to register as well.

We are finally equal. Women are finally stupid enought to want to fight in combat AND insist on it.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    There is no draft.
    My bad. I should have said draft registration, not draft.

Nevertheless, the point remains the same: By insisting that a few women in the armed forces be allowed in combat roles if they can carry a 65 pound pack, the government necessitates the participation in the armed forces by a large population of civilian women who otherwise would not be required in the event of a draft. It potentially risks the lives of thousands of women who not only have no interest in combat, but who have no desire to join the armed forces in the first place.

By trying to make things a little fairer for a few in a select group, the government is making things far worse for a variety of larger unrelated groups.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

Change your vacuum pump oil now.

Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

So NOW, can I get a job at Hooters? We ARE equal, right?? Men and women are the same? When I get pregnant, I'll send my daughter into combat. What a bunch of horse shiite....
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

This is should be an interesting thread. I have four daughters and don't particularly want to see them go into the combat arms. Based on my experience an a rifleman in the 82nd and later in the Reserves and the National Guard, I really don't see how females could be expected to live in the woods for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks (or longer) without the proper shower/cleaning facilities. I will also add that my rucksack, which typically weighed 110 pounds, kicked my ass. And this does not include all the other stuff we carried.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    So NOW, can I get a job at Hooters? We ARE equal, right?? Men and women are the same? When I get pregnant, I'll send my daughter into combat. What a bunch of horse shiite....
    I'd vote for ya! But first you should show us your hooters.....wait, I guess we can't use the term hooters anymore...ok, show us a picture of your chest and all of us will vote.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

in no way women have the same physical capacity as men. majority don't have the same strength and endurance as men. you guys are absurd. in the event of global extinction, a handful of women could repopulate the planet with just one man. the reverse is not true. women are somewhat fussier than men. I'm sorry but this is true. i agree with ncboston.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Progress is a b!tch isn't it?
    Women have been in combat roles since atleast WW2.

I think the US will survive this grand injustice.