Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Any troops forcing entry into homes of US citizens for the express purpose of gun confiscation are not representing the Constitution they swore to uphold and defend and therefore are foreign invaders. Such troops must refuse any unlawful order, whether ordered to fire on their own troops or fire on their own citizens. They must stand down by their own oath.
    Take a good look at your fellow man......The troop with the gun and a family to feed and wants to follow orders to advance his career. Also, take a look at this experiment about human nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

I got very intriqued by this experiment and followed along with another replication done in england many years later. As long as there is an authority figure to take responsibility....many people will "pull the trigger" cause that's what they were supposed to do.

this particular study was to answer the question why the Nazi's followed orders to exterminate large numbers of people.

People have NOT CHANGED.

There are some utube videos on the england study.....
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Something to think about. Even if 5% of this is true that's pretty serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXg2W...layer_embedded
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    "A Gallup Poll taken immediately after the shootings showed that 58 percent of respondents blamed the students, 11 percent blamed the National Guard and 31 percent expressed no opinion."
    Don't really care what a gallup poll says. Now if you actually read what I typed, the two students walking to class where innocent, you might take this to mean that I did not say they where all innocent. Of course you might think that every student on a campus is responsible for the actions of every other one and thus must be killed, but I personally think that people should be killed for their own actions and not those of others.

I read this reply first, I apologise for the remark. It was uncalled for considering the first reply.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

Couple of thoughts:

Kinda not well organized... someone who is not plugged into the message would not understand... and think (maybe rightly) they are a bunch of nuts.
    If this is true... BOTH political parties are involved.
    If indeed there is a huge conspiracy to shred the Constitution and turn the USA into a police state... Stopping it may be messy... IF it is stopped...

Yeah... these are not appealing thoughts... Guess it is time to pay attention to politicians and vote carefully (rather than for one's wallet).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    I thought I answered that question.

Theyd have to tell me what church to go to. Tell me where I had to work. Tell me where I had to live. Etc. Beat me for *****ing about it.
    My friend I don't think it will stop at just guns. I believe they will then turn their attention on yours and my other rights and by that time the ability of the people to oppose them will have been diminished. First guns then the rest of our rights will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Couple of thoughts:

Kinda not well organized... someone who is not plugged into the message would not understand... and think (maybe rightly) they are a bunch of nuts.
    If this is true... BOTH political parties are involved.
    If indeed there is a huge conspiracy to shred the Constitution and turn the USA into a police state... Stopping it may be messy... IF it is stopped...

Yeah... these are not appealing thoughts... Guess it is time to pay attention to politicians and vote carefully (rather than for one's wallet).
    I agree but it did give me a more birds eye view from all different (and chopped up) perspectives of different sources over what has been taking place over the past 4 years especially. And for that I posted it.

Around the 20 minute mark is what stuck with me the most. Why are the Feds keeping millions of rounds of ammunition?
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I agree but it did give me a more birds eye view from all different (and chopped up) perspectives of different sources over what has been taking place over the past 4 years especially. And for that I posted it.

Around the 20 minute mark is what stuck with me the most. Why are the Feds keeping millions of rounds of ammunition?
    Yeah... we had a thread about the BIG ammo purchase a while back... not much came of it other than fussing about bad govt (what else is new)...

Here is one for you DeltaT:

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/wat...l?abc=Ct5vpWpS

Seems BATFe thinks they are above the law also...

I see some confrontation down the road... increasing numbers of folks are getting tired of bad govt.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I doubt if .000000000000001 percent is true......

High level, reliable...yet anonymous... sources is pretty much the same as saying.... "we are lying to you"
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by bigtime View Post
    Freedom.

I can go to whatever kind of church I want to, or not go at all. I can keep doing hvac work, or quit tomorrow and become a truck driver. I can go back to school and become a brain surgeon (well maybe not) I can complain about the local, state, and federal government until my heart is content, and not have to worry about guys in suits visisting late in the night. Other than pay taxes, I cant list one single thing I am forced to do.

I just finished reading a book about post ww2 life in Czechoslovakia (Under a Cruel Star) and am reading one about life if China (Out of Mao's Shadow). You want to see what life without freedom is like, check them out.
    Let me tell ya, whenever you realize that your restricted, you will find it to late to do anything....ask me how I know.

Here is a story I posted in another forum.....

As a young boy me and my sister were send alone to live in a farming community, it was 1952 post WWII Germany, and times were hard for my mother, the reason for our departure to this area. One of my chores on the farm was herding the cows to designated pastures. We had a herd of 12 cows and a newborn. The oldest (mother) cow always led, and the others would fall in line, with me and my persuader following. I never had to use my persuader, but was given one, for one of the cows was a bit rebellious and was told if she was to come at me, to just smack here in the forehead.

Once in the enclose grazing area, there was not much to do, the cows were grazing and doing what cows do, and they looked happy and contented doing it. I used to wander around the area, and being from the city, an all a new adventure for me. I marveled at all the wild creatures I discovered, I even once spotted some wolves at the edge of the Forrest watching me, and every so often looking at the cows grassing down at the pasture, I was imagining that they were licking their chops at all that good meat, couldn't really tell, but being young your imagination plays tricks. I lifted my persuader stick up like a rifle and made a shooting sound, and they all took off back in to the Forrest.

I was an avid reader, and reading books about America and the wild west, was my favorite reading pastime, it kind of fueled my imagination, and I always wanted to be a Cowboy, after all I did have my cows now, it was an easy role to fall into. Two years later my mother got here life back in order, she even found us a father, ours was a casualty of the war, and finally having a new father was a good thing.

My mother used to tell me what happened in the war, about when the sirens came, and the terror of running with two children to a bunker, and at times not getting there in time and trying to outrun the bombs, with me in the buggy and my sister hanging on to dear life by the buggy handle. I asked my mother how they could have let all this horror happen, she replied that once they cam to confiscate all the guns, there was not much they could do about it, and those who protested a bit to much were made an example of, after that none protested, at least not openly, its a lesson I never forgot.

My sister married an American soldier, that's how I came here in 1959, it was a dream come true. And in 1965 I became a real American, it was the proudest moment in my life. Having studied this country long before I came here, I fully understood the document that makes this country so exceptional, like no other in this world. Some of you born here don’t seem to understand or are not educated well enough to understand our exceptional-ism, I say to you, there are plenty of places in this world were they welcome grazer’s that don't mind being milked every so often, and after all that you still want to stay it's ok, we'll protect you from the wolves, it's a humane thing to do, after all were exceptional.

But me, I will always carry my persuader, its the only thing that will keep the hungry wolfs at bay, for doing so, reminds them who is the real master.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Don't really care what a gallup poll says. Now if you actually read what I typed, the two students walking to class where innocent, you might take this to mean that I did not say they where all innocent. Of course you might think that every student on a campus is responsible for the actions of every other one and thus must be killed, but I personally think that people should be killed for their own actions and not those of others.

I read this reply first, I apologise for the remark. It was uncalled for considering the first reply.
    I don't care if you like the poll or not but just wanted to get some facts out here instead of just emotion and accusations. Now I clearly stated that I was sorry that anyone got killed; innocent students going to class or dope crazed hippies throwing rocks at the guardsmen.

Several guardsmen were injured by the rocks including one who had to be hospitalized. This happen before the guardsmen opened fire. I have stated and I'll state again I blame the rioting students mostly for the shootings and to some degree the college administration for allowing the students to feel that they could disobey the laws and not be expelled and or arrested for this.

So please don't use the liberal tactic on me of putting words in my mouth and implying that I believe the students should have been killed. I do feel a hell of a lot more sorrow for those who lost their lives fighting in Nam and their families than I do for at least the two students whom we know were participating in the rioting.

They should have been worried about getting an education instead of demonstrating and rioting for a communist victory in Nam. I can debate this till the cows come home. Apparently you feel for the pro commie demonstrators more than you do those who were killed fighting the communists in Nam for their country.

I hope I have made myself crystal clear here. I though I did in my early post but you appear not to listen to reason and just spout the "liberal" party line. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

You sound like an idiot. Lets start with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Thinning the American herd would more than likely be beneficial to our nation not to mention the gene pool.

An excellent place to start would be the conspiracy nuts.

You are an extremest it seems to me. Can't you simply be reasonable? I assume you don't own any guns.QUOTE=bigtime;15110421]What about stinger missles? Should citizens be allowed to own these arms?

If you say yes youre kinda crazy. If you say no you belive in 2nd amendment restrictions. Just draw the line in a different place than others.[/QUOTE]

10:19....PM...... Basement flooded today.... got that under control now.....

I have to actually go and do some work tomorrow ....... but at least the day will go by quicker.....

Leaving early.... Im hoping to have a solution to the problem and maybe even have a temporary repair in place before the maint suprvisor even arrives to work..... Just the kind of guy I am....

But.... I must get to bed now..... I will have to get up around 3:30 because of this cough it takes me an hour or so just to get moving....

good night..... you second amendment and anti gun nuts......

email education....lol.... you guys are too much.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast