Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Nice of you to volunteer.
    Yeah, I volunteered to drive the first busload of conspiracy freaks to their new home at FEMA Camp #291 located in the hospitable climes of the Llano Estacado.

Volunteer today. The fun is just starting.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I don't care if you like the poll or not but just wanted to get some facts out here instead of just emotion and accusations. Now I clearly stated that I was sorry that anyone got killed; innocent students going to class or dope crazed hippies throwing rocks at the guardsmen.

Several guardsmen were injured by the rocks including one who had to be hospitalized. This happen before the guardsmen opened fire. I have stated and I'll state again I blame the rioting students mostly for the shootings and to some degree the college administration for allowing the students to feel that they could disobey the laws and not be expelled and or arrested for this.

So please don't use the liberal tactic on me of putting words in my mouth and implying that I believe the students should have been killed. I do feel a hell of a lot more sorrow for those who lost their lives fighting in Nam and their families than I do for at least the two students whom we know were participating in the rioting.

They should have been worried about getting an education instead of demonstrating and rioting for a communist victory in Nam. I can debate this till the cows come home. Apparently you feel for the pro commie demonstrators more than you do those who were killed fighting the communists in Nam for their country.

I hope I have made myself crystal clear here. I though I did in my early post but you appear not to listen to reason and just spout the "liberal" party line. Thank you, thank you very much
    The apology in that post was edited in. I had missed your first reply to me so that post was uncalled for. All I saw was the post about the gallop poll, and considering your first post was the comment was uncalled for. I do Hope this straightens that up.

I will say that I don't think that we ever should have been their, but that view is based on hind sight, knowledge that the gulf of tonkin attack was a false flag operation, and belief that the communist system is a non-threat to this country, due to critical flaws in the system. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that the students at kent where protesting the draft and our presence there, which I would agree with. If they actually wanted a U.S. defeat I would agree with you that they where traitors, but I see this differently then just wanting us out of a conflict that did not really effect us.

My view on Vietnam is heavily influenced by my aunt who married my uncle, an army veteran, and returned with him to the states. Her view on the whole conflict was that they wished both sides would just go away so that they could just get back to their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Yeah, I volunteered to drive the first busload of conspiracy freaks to their new home at FEMA Camp #291 located in the hospitable climes of the Llano Estacado.

Volunteer today. The fun is just starting.
    The irony of someone volunteering to drive conspiracy nuts to a fema camp........

supper time......finally....
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    supper time......finally....
    Feelin' better today Corny?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_in_WV View Post
    Feelin' better today Corny?
    Actually I was feeling better yesterday.... spent wednesday evening shop vacing water up out of the basement....sore as a dog... but my cough didnt bother me as much.
    May Allah Guide Us Towards The Right Path and move us towards a better understanding of Allah and Allahs Creation.

Back on topic......
    Could it happen sure it could.

But it depends on the officer and advancement of that officer up through the ranks.

When you hit flag status there is a high chance that that officer would desire further advancement.

For jr. officers it starts at 0-5,but most at 0-6 when they're sent to the war college and then further training and beyond.

Thought most the posters here already knew that,guess not.
    FEN

Ya know what Corny....your last post was over the top (IMHO) in terms of trying to bate people and has been removed for committee review.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 02-01-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Ok, I knew this would happen....thread closed.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Ok folks....were going to open this back up. Posts have been removed from two members for violation of both ARP, Professional, and Site rules.

If you think your going to post something objectionable, it probably is. Please re-familiarize yourself with the ALL the rules (ARP, Site and Professional) if there is any doubt.

Thanks folks.

I'd just hate to be cop or in the military and have orders to stop in whatever means citizens protesting a point that I also believed in.

I believe that is a article in one of our government documents that also requires a protector of the law to not follow orders if they believe that order to be wrong. That is what keeps us a civil society.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Well... as usual I miss the fun... or mess... Probably better GA was not here...

Back on topic: I think that is in the law somewhere DeltaT... however have NO idea where. Regardless... it is common sense.

IMO; one of the things associated with the breakdown of a society is when too many folks think they can prey on the average citizen... rather than an attitude of community (work with each other) prevailing. Just another of those pesky historic things which repeat themselves regardless of what anyone (worker, teacher, businessperson, intellectual, and especially polecat) says. Seems also when all the fussing, p*ssing matches, lieing, cheating, game playing, usery, manipulation... and illegal behavior which results from attitudes of not respecting one's neighbor are done... The folks who studied and followed the lessons of history ended up better off than the folks who followed the music of the piper (polecat). And life goes on...

Roy; Good post on the previous page... I wish more folks understood as you do.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I know that the MCJ (Military Code of Justice, allows for someone not to follow an order if they know it's a wrong order. I just would not want to be that troop.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast