Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    this might be stupid but ive seen it happen plenty of times. im sure you checked it but im throwing this out there anyways. your low side gage is not peircing the low side or very little. what makes me say that is when you add refrigerant your low side stays above 100psig so it looks like the pressure is not going anywhere also you mentioned the suction port is freezing sounds like the refrigerant is misting through the valve core slowly. causeing it to act as a metering device and getting really cold.
    +1 happened to me a few times..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe if we all just listen Feng will teach us something new. Give him a chance and let him speak.
    I am so excited!!!!

I hate those low loss fittings sometimes.

Sounds like above mentioned. You are probably not fully piercing the service port. Inside your hose is the fitting that presses in the core. Use your needle nose pliers and pull it out a little bit (out of your hose). Or loosen the core (tighten when done) or replace the core.

Quote Originally Posted by fengshvac View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, very very good, good idea, yes, good idea
    FENG yay, hey I know you've gotten a hard time in some of your posts, by the way it's because you tried to do a tutorial as you would for a lamen but for guys who do this every day for a living.

I hope you keep posting, you will get a ribbing but it's fun and you lighten up the forum a bit.

Good luck fengshvac, keep working and learning everyday.

sorry I had to leave for a minute. I bet you are right - not piercing. I'll check first thing. thanks to all.
    td55

Quote Originally Posted by alcomech View Post
    Maybe if we all just listen Feng will teach us something new. Give him a chance and let him speak.
    I am so excited!!!!

I hate those low loss fittings sometimes.
    That's what I meant. He seems like a good guy who wants to show his talents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

is this a scroll or recip?

if it's a scroll i believe it needs more then 50% of charge to work. use your recovery machine to pump the refrigerant into the unit.

if still reading funky it's either your gauges or r/v.

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    is this a scroll or recip?

if it's a scroll i believe it needs more then 50% of charge to work. use your recovery machine to pump the refrigerant into the unit.

if still reading funky it's either your gauges or r/v.
    Never heard that one before, about the50% thing, intresting, im sure ive charged scrolls with less than that while running

Quote Originally Posted by coolerik View Post
    Never heard that one before, about the50% thing, intresting, im sure ive charged scrolls with less than that while running
    +1

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyac1 View Post
    this might be stupid but ive seen it happen plenty of times. im sure you checked it but im throwing this out there anyways. your low side gage is not peircing the low side or very little. what makes me say that is when you add refrigerant your low side stays above 100psig so it looks like the pressure is not going anywhere also you mentioned the suction port is freezing sounds like the refrigerant is misting through the valve core slowly. causeing it to act as a metering device and getting really cold.
    Had this happen on a minisplit last summer, good hard lesson learned

how much 22 did you remove when you changed bad compressor?

If it's a scroll, I'm sure you already checked to see if it is running backwards, but just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tonydykes55 View Post
    I pulled the connector off the RV solenoid. I can hear it energizing. the coil is good.
    with suction and discharge pressures almost equal the reversing valve is not going to shift. I think there is a restriction somewhere and that was what got the first compressor killed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12