Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 45 of 45
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,270
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    pfff.... english.... another language i have yet to master fully.... lol. I supposed after ten years here my FOB-ness still shows hahaha

    oh not all moslem are terrorist, not all terrorist are moslem either. IRA was one example.
    Sorry.....did not know English was not your first language. I just saw Alberta on your location and well, made the assumption. None the less, it was never meant to offend.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Sorry.....did not know English was not your first language. I just saw Alberta on your location and well, made the assumption. None the less, it was never meant to offend.
    I think you were looking at syndicated's profile, not blitz's.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Where do you get off accusing my pastor of being anything but and upstanding Christian preaching the word.

    Also if you say you are a Baptist and go to church why are you implying that me and my preacher of being something like our foes the Islamist?

    No "Christians" that I am aware of commit acts of violence or accuse other Christians of doing the same in the name of the lord. It makes me doubt that you are a Christian otherwise you would never accuse my pastor of doing that. Thank you, thank you very much
    If I may inject a little bit of calm into a soon to be raging sea...I think what he is saying is this:
    If you trust ANYONE without checking that their statements line up with what the Word of God teaches, they may lead you astray even if that is not their intention.
    Your pastor is a good Godly man I'm sure, but he is still a man. Men (people) are subject to all sorts of influences. Both good and bad. That is the world we live in. If you believe in God, the bible goes with that belief. The bible teaches that we are in a spiritual war. God wants good for us and Satan wants to destroy us as he hates God's creation.
    I would suggest you ask your pastor if you should check his preaching against what God says in the bible. I am very sure he would not have a problem with that.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Sorry.....did not know English was not your first language. I just saw Alberta on your location and well, made the assumption. None the less, it was never meant to offend.
    hahaha, no english is not my 1st language . would say its the 4th one I learned. but I should be fluent in it after 10 years living in canada. next one is french. that's not an excuse
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,128
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkahuna View Post
    If I may inject a little bit of calm into a soon to be raging sea...I think what he is saying is this:
    If you trust ANYONE without checking that their statements line up with what the Word of God teaches, they may lead you astray even if that is not their intention.
    Your pastor is a good Godly man I'm sure, but he is still a man. Men (people) are subject to all sorts of influences. Both good and bad. That is the world we live in. If you believe in God, the bible goes with that belief. The bible teaches that we are in a spiritual war. God wants good for us and Satan wants to destroy us as he hates God's creation.
    I would suggest you ask your pastor if you should check his preaching against what God says in the bible. I am very sure he would not have a problem with that.
    Key statement... THX for posting!

    Most pastors mean well... An example of one that IMO does not is Jeremiah Wright (BHO's former pastor)... who is on record for many things which are literally SIN in the Bible... not to mention anti-American.

    We (EVERY believer personally) are commanded in Scripture to test EVERYTHING with Scripture (and I do not see where it says 'except what the pastor preaches')... What GA is saying is: JUST DO IT before you believe or repeat things. Each one of us is responsible for what we let into our heads... we need to go beyond believing something because this person or that person said it... or because it sounds or feels good.
    Polecats are EXPERTS at making things sound and feel good... and sad to say so are pastors. While most of them mean well... a few do not... and some of those latter group are on TV... Shame... they give the faith a bad name.

    OK, GA is gonna step back and let this discussion go by... not a good place to start a heated disagreement today.

    Cheers guys... go watch the Superbowl and let this stuff cool until tomorrow...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Cheers guys... go watch the Superbowl and let this stuff cool until tomorrow...
    Now there's a plan! We're going out to my Dad's place, building some huge pizzas and other food.
    Have a great day all!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event