Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 45
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I hope you are not trying to break bread with one of those Christian haters like blitz or syn who compare Christians to Muslims. Please clarify your self. You are beginning to get to me here. I understand where blitz and syn are coming from. They are "liberals" who distain both conservatives and Christians and like to equate good Christians with the Muslims who want to kill all non believers. Thank you very much
    I'm not a christian haters. I'm in fact a baptist who's active at my church so there you go.

    I'm just saying that if you take everything your pastor said without discretion it's like those islamist extreamist with imported preacher from middle east. not trying to compare you to an islamist. it just that behaviour of taking what your preacher said is always true at all times without discretion is like the extreamist taking the word of their leader without discretion. hitler's, stalin's, polpot's, bin laden's supporter all have similar behaviour of taking whatever dear leader said as absolut truth.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny GA I have no problem one never going to a Christian church and just staying at home and reading the Bible to get your inspiration and guidance, that is find and commendable

    But I have being gathering from your post here and previous posts that you are starting to sound like that if one goes to a good Christian church and listen to the Gospel of Jesus being preached by an ordained minister in an established recognized Christian church that you can become some sort of extremist if you don't go home and read the Bible several hours a day after that.

    I hope you are not trying to break bread with one of those Christian haters like blitz or syn who compare Christians to Muslims. Please clarify your self. You are beginning to get to me here. I understand where blitz and syn are coming from. They are "liberals" who distain both conservatives and Christians and like to equate good Christians with the Muslims who want to kill all non believers. Thank you very much
    WOW Glenn... One could easily wonder where you come from sometimes??? You have known me for years... Where the h*ll did that last PP come from?

    Scripture commands us to gather for worship (interpret that regularly go to Church with others)... Scripture also commands us to 'study' the Bible. There is no reference I am aware of as to how much... however there are plenty of references to daily. Prayer is more of a private thing... again no reference for time... yet daily is referenced many times.

    GA personally worships on Sunday morning (he is an officer of the Church leadership team), GA prays daily, and studies his Bible daily. Currently GA is not teaching nor attending any Bible study group(s), however most of his life he has... probably about half/half attending/teaching.

    And no... GA is NOT caught up in a cult... however it is difficult to identify a cult anymore... so few Churches are straight arrows when it comes to Scripture these days. Guess we have to decide what the final authority is... What the pastor says... or what God says... In fairness, most of the Churches GA has been in over his entire 60 years, folks strongly teach some parts of the Bible, while conveniently ignoring other parts... Seems to be the way Churches work. GA strongly disagrees with ignoring parts of Scripture because it is convenient.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    What I said to blitz goes triple to you syn. Please tell me where I have ever said we should kill or harm those who we don't like or belong to a different religion. Please tell me right now what "garbage" I have ever spouted off like you are doing just now.

    You need your mouth washed out with soap. A sincere apology will be accepted in lieu of you posted the above request. Seeing that you cannot post one, please then apologize in accordance with the rules of this site. Thank you, thank you very mucn
    No.
    Glennac, I've been on this site for about 7 months, in that time I've seen you rail against:
    Muslims
    Mexicans
    Communists
    Liberals
    Plain ol' democrats
    Socialists
    Women
    France
    England
    Canada
    African-Americans
    Chinese
    Homosexuals
    Even other "conservatives" when they aren't as conservative as you.
    Shall I go on?
    Essentially, it seems you hate anyone that isn't you.
    You seem to hate the very freedom that you claim to defend, because if something is going on that you don't agree with, well, God help us all.
    But the interesting thing is that those very same totalitarian regimes or religions say THE EXACT SAME THING.
    You're just on the other side of the ocean.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny GA I have no problem one never going to a Christian church and just staying at home and reading the Bible to get your inspiration and guidance, that is find and commendable

    But I have being gathering from your post here and previous posts that you are starting to sound like that if one goes to a good Christian church and listen to the Gospel of Jesus being preached by an ordained minister in an established recognized Christian church that you can become some sort of extremist if you don't go home and read the Bible several hours a day after that.

    I hope you are not trying to break bread with one of those Christian haters like blitz or syn who compare Christians to Muslims. Please clarify your self. You are beginning to get to me here. I understand where blitz and syn are coming from. They are "liberals" who distain both conservatives and Christians and like to equate good Christians with the Muslims who want to kill all non believers. Thank you very much
    This post also explains a lot.
    Because you simply have no other name to throw at me, you call me a liberal. I'm not a liberal, and I don't hate Christians. I hate people that are too closed-minded to think anymore.

    It's so boring to hear the same crap all the time glennac.
    Liberal this, commie that.

    It's not 1964 anymore, the world has changed, sorry about your luck.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,578
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I'm not a christian haters. I'm in fact a baptist who's active at my church so there you go.

    I'm just saying that if you take everything your pastor said without discretion it's like those islamist extreamist with imported preacher from middle east. not trying to compare you to an islamist. it just that behaviour of taking what your preacher said is always true at all times without discretion is like the extreamist taking the word of their leader without discretion. hitler's, stalin's, polpot's, bin laden's supporter all have similar behaviour of taking whatever dear leader said as absolut truth.
    Where do you get off accusing my pastor of being anything but and upstanding Christian preaching the word.

    Also if you say you are a Baptist and go to church why are you implying that me and my preacher of being something like our foes the Islamist?

    No "Christians" that I am aware of commit acts of violence or accuse other Christians of doing the same in the name of the lord. It makes me doubt that you are a Christian otherwise you would never accuse my pastor of doing that. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,578
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    WOW Glenn... One could easily wonder where you come from sometimes??? You have known me for years... Where the h*ll did that last PP come from?

    Scripture commands us to gather for worship (interpret that regularly go to Church with others)... Scripture also commands us to 'study' the Bible. There is no reference I am aware of as to how much... however there are plenty of references to daily. Prayer is more of a private thing... again no reference for time... yet daily is referenced many times.

    GA personally worships on Sunday morning (he is an officer of the Church leadership team), GA prays daily, and studies his Bible daily. Currently GA is not teaching nor attending any Bible study group(s), however most of his life he has... probably about half/half attending/teaching.

    And no... GA is NOT caught up in a cult... however it is difficult to identify a cult anymore... so few Churches are straight arrows when it comes to Scripture these days. Guess we have to decide what the final authority is... What the pastor says... or what God says... In fairness, most of the Churches GA has been in over his entire 60 years, folks strongly teach some parts of the Bible, while conveniently ignoring other parts... Seems to be the way Churches work. GA strongly disagrees with ignoring parts of Scripture because it is convenient.
    As you said we have know each other for years John. I am trying to understand why you or anyone else would even be concerned or worried about mainstream Christian churches becoming like "cults" or going extreme.

    This just doesn't happen and I'm curious where you get the idea that it can happen or does. If you know of any please let me know. I really don't think shouldn't worry about it or address it here on ARP IMO.

    I know you won't use "Westboro Baptist Church" which is neither Baptist nor Christian IMHO. Just wanted to clear the air here and lay it all on the table so to speak. Friends shouldn't argue about BS issues. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,578
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    No.
    Glennac, I've been on this site for about 7 months, in that time I've seen you rail against:
    Muslims
    Mexicans
    Communists
    Liberals
    Plain ol' democrats
    Socialists
    Women
    France
    England
    Canada
    African-Americans
    Chinese
    Homosexuals
    Even other "conservatives" when they aren't as conservative as you.
    Shall I go on?
    Essentially, it seems you hate anyone that isn't you.
    You seem to hate the very freedom that you claim to defend, because if something is going on that you don't agree with, well, God help us all.
    But the interesting thing is that those very same totalitarian regimes or religions say THE EXACT SAME THING.
    You're just on the other side of the ocean.
    That is pure BS and false syn. I have never railed against half the groups you listed. For instance I only "rail" against radical Muslims and the religion of Islam not Muslims in general nor have have knocked Mexicans (illegals yes), women, England, Canada, Blacks and Chinese. If you can show where I have then post it instead of making false charges here on ARP. That my friend is against the rules.

    I have fought for my country instead of trying to change it into a place of ruin like you and your "liberal" friends want. The only one spouting hate on this form is you with your unprovoked personal attack. You love to use the word "hate" it appears that is your main emotion here. You should go some place else and use that vile emotion instead of here. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Where do you get off accusing my pastor of being anything but and upstanding Christian preaching the word.

    Also if you say you are a Baptist and go to church why are you implying that me and my preacher of being something like our foes the Islamist?

    No "Christians" that I am aware of commit acts of violence or accuse other Christians of doing the same in the name of the lord. It makes me doubt that you are a Christian otherwise you would never accuse my pastor of doing that. Thank you, thank you very mudch
    I'm not saying that. I'm pretty sure you and your preacher is a good upstanding citizen. what I was saying is if someone follow any preacher/teacher/clerics of any religion blindly to whatever they say as absolute truth that's like the extrimist islamist group that we have lately. how on earth could you get young men to believe that yo're gonna get 72 virgins in heaven if you blow yourself up in the market place?? they mostly killing their own kins and brother.

    david koresh was an example. also jonestown too. and they both claimed to be a "christian branch"
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,057
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    As you said we have know each other for years John. I am trying to understand why you or anyone else would even be concerned or worried about mainstream Christian churches becoming like "cults" or going extreme.

    This just doesn't happen and I'm curious where you get the idea that it can happen or does. If you know of any please let me know. I really don't think shouldn't worry about it or address it here on ARP IMO.

    I know you won't use "Westboro Baptist Church" which is neither Baptist nor Christian IMHO. Just wanted to clear the air here and lay it all on the table so to speak. Friends shouldn't argue about BS issues. Thank you, thank you very much
    Hmmmm... IMO we are about to open a can of worms that will turn into a mess and may lead to the thread being closed... folks tend to get as strong-minded about their faith as their politics.

    How about I say one thing... then ask if folks really want to get into a discussion of what is amiss with some Churches...

    And here is that amiss thing: I believe the Bible is the FINAL AUTHORITY... NO EXCEPTIONS... Until one develops a relationship with God deep enough it becomes the FIRST thought... a test of that relationship is; it will NEVER contradict Scripture.
    Yet it does not take a rocket scientist... or even a grade school graduate... who is thinking... to see the hypocrisy many Churches (folks who profess to believe in Christ) speak and practice. The Old Testament law taught us to walk our talk; Jesus said repeatedly in the Gospels to be blameless in front of God; and St Paul (who wrote almost half of the New Testament after the Gospels) taught us to live our faith as a victorious Christian life in a fallen world... All require each believer to be brutally honest with themselves about what they believe (beliefs are where thoughts and actions start from).

    Show me a church that is absolutely 100% Biblical... there are some... yet not all; and I will show you REAL Christians. Truth be known... too many are not...

    OK... I am gonna stop there... If folks want to carry on this discussion we can... If we do... expect GA to use Scripture to raise issue with beliefs and practices of some faiths. It will be done in a Spirit of supporting getting free from a life of deception (by Satan), however it will be direct. You folks make the choice...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,261
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I'm not a christian haters. I'm in fact a baptist who's active at my church so there you go.

    I'm just saying that if you take everything your pastor said without discretion it's like those islamist extreamist with imported preacher from middle east. not trying to compare you to an islamist. it just that behaviour of taking what your preacher said is always true at all times without discretion is like the extreamist taking the word of their leader without discretion. hitler's, stalin's, polpot's, bin laden's supporter all have similar behaviour of taking whatever dear leader said as absolut truth.
    Perhaps a closer examination of the difference between discretion and discernment?
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,578
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmmm... IMO we are about to open a can of worms that will turn into a mess and may lead to the thread being closed... folks tend to get as strong-minded about their faith as their politics.

    How about I say one thing... then ask if folks really want to get into a discussion of what is amiss with some Churches...

    And here is that amiss thing: I believe the Bible is the FINAL AUTHORITY... NO EXCEPTIONS... Until one develops a relationship with God deep enough it becomes the FIRST thought... a test of that relationship is; it will NEVER contradict Scripture.
    Yet it does not take a rocket scientist... or even a grade school graduate... who is thinking... to see the hypocrisy many Churches (folks who profess to believe in Christ) speak and practice. The Old Testament law taught us to walk our talk; Jesus said repeatedly in the Gospels to be blameless in front of God; and St Paul (who wrote almost half of the New Testament after the Gospels) taught us to live our faith as a victorious Christian life in a fallen world... All require each believer to be brutally honest with themselves about what they believe (beliefs are where thoughts and actions start from).

    Show me a church that is absolutely 100% Biblical... there are some... yet not all; and I will show you REAL Christians. Truth be known... too many are not...

    OK... I am gonna stop there... If folks want to carry on this discussion we can... If we do... expect GA to use Scripture to raise issue with beliefs and practices of some faiths. It will be done in a Spirit of supporting getting free from a life of deception (by Satan), however it will be direct. You folks make the choice...
    Your a good man John but I think you may be a little to concerned about Christian churches. You can discuss which ones teach the true word or not but my issue is that as a general rule none teach extremism, hate, etc.

    That is what we were discussing and not is the "correct" religion or church because I'm sure not prepared for any discussion like that now or ever. That is my only point here. I hope you understand because I can't see why we should have any difference of opinion on that. I believe we are now on the same page here and we can go on to have a good day on Sunday the day of the Lord. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,578
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I'm not saying that. I'm pretty sure you and your preacher is a good upstanding citizen. what I was saying is if someone follow any preacher/teacher/clerics of any religion blindly to whatever they say as absolute truth that's like the extrimist islamist group that we have lately. how on earth could you get young men to believe that yo're gonna get 72 virgins in heaven if you blow yourself up in the market place?? they mostly killing their own kins and brother.

    david koresh was an example. also jonestown too. and they both claimed to be a "christian branch"
    Well I will agree with most of what you are saying there blitz except it would be pretty hard IMO for a preacher to teach killing non believers, innocent women and children because it cannot be found in the Bible but it sure can be found in the Koran. That is the fundamental difference between us and them. Not all Muslims are terrorist but I do believe that the real religious ones are susceptible to go over the edge. Glad to see we have some common ground here. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Perhaps a closer examination of the difference between discretion and discernment?
    pfff.... english.... another language i have yet to master fully.... lol. I supposed after ten years here my FOB-ness still shows hahaha

    oh not all moslem are terrorist, not all terrorist are moslem either. IRA was one example.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event