Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm... Lessee... Jesus and arming the public... definitely a topic that will stir debate.

Couple of thoughts:
    Was Jesus here to conquer the world? It would appear not... as the world was not conquered when Jesus left (rose to heaven 40 days after he rose from the dead).
    Was Jesus here to re-establish the nation of Israel (in freedom) on the dirt God gave them (current Israel)... again it would appear not... as they ended up fleeing for their lives around AD 70.
    Was Jesus here to make a stand and conquer Satan and Evil? Well in the mainstream it would appear not... because evil has been around ever since... However...
    Jesus DID conquer Evil in the Spiritual world (different than our physical world). The evidence of this victory is quite evident to those who study the Bible.
    I don't see where Jesus did anything to promote nations or undermine them directly. Evil was obviously not vanquished from the earth.

The way I see it, Jesus was sent here to live and die a man. He chose to die for our sins, basically letting himself be a sacrificial lamb in order to allow us forgiveness of our sins. And God let him do it, his only begotten son. God delivered to mankind a great gift. Jesus multiplied the gift with his sacrifice.

Jesus was not here to save, destroy or preserve nations or peoples or ideologies or political systems. But save the souls of individual persons.

Not trying to start a theological debate, just my thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well GA Jesus was telling his followers to protect themselves because without protection you could be done in by highway thugs. That's how my preacher explained it. He wasn't raising an army but just wanted his Apostles and followers to survive. Thank you, thank you very much
    Glenn... a lot of preachers dont know... its like the story of onan and spilling his seed on the ground...... most preachers I have ever heard will tell you that its about whacking off..... ( I hope its ok to say that my first choice was "masturbating"... but I wanted to use "whacking off" ) but its really about Onan being selfish and not giving his bros wife a son..... a son who will inherit the family line.....and knock Onan right back into his brothers shadow.

I can see Jesus now...... holding the palm of his hand out to his servant...... and saying "thats enough" and shaking his head at the same time.......... cause he is frustrated that they just dont get it..... Keep on reading to the end of the story.....

Glenn... I might present my biblical stuff in a wacky way.... but I wont ever try to steer anyone wrong on it..... If I wasnt 100 percent absolutely sure in what I post about the bible.... I wouldnt post it.

I truly believe that we shall reap what we have sown..... and i sure dont want to be sowing misinformation about the bible.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Glenn... a lot of preachers dont know... its like the story of onan and spilling his seed on the ground...... most preachers I have ever heard will tell you that its about whacking off..... ( I hope its ok to say that my first choice was "masturbating"... but I wanted to use "whacking off" ) but its really about Onan being selfish and not giving his bros wife a son..... a son who will inherit the family line.....and knock Onan right back into his brothers shadow.

I can see Jesus now...... holding the palm of his hand out to his servant...... and saying "thats enough" and shaking his head at the same time.......... cause he is frustrated that they just dont get it..... Keep on reading to the end of the story.....

Glenn... I might present my biblical stuff in a wacky way.... but I wont ever try to steer anyone wrong on it..... If I wasnt 100 percent absolutely sure in what I post about the bible.... I wouldnt post it.

I truly believe that we shall reap what we have sown..... and i sure dont want to be sowing misinformation about the bible.
    Well corny I truly hope you see the light some day. My preacher knows the Bible in and out and my wife has studied it a lot also. I get what I need every Sunday at Church since I don't have the time to study the Bible. Your interpolation wouldn't fly to well I'm afraid in my church but as I said before to each his own.

Far be it for me to preach to you or anyone else on the Bible other than point out a "clear" verse or two on a subject dear to me. I haven't been to a theology school just church on Sunday for most of my life when I can make it. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

It's weird that baptists, or more generally americans, are the only ones in the history of the world to see the second amendment debate started 1700 years before the gun was invented.

But I guess when you're crazy, anything is possible.

Well GA to each his own. I did quote two verses from the Bible showing where; 1. the Apostles carried arms and 2. Jesus encouraged his followers to arm themselves.

My Baptist preacher preaches from the Bible and his sermons are Bible based. You just choose not to read the verses I quoted. Thank you, thank you very much
    Lessee... If Jesus wanted His disciples to fight with weapons... why did this same Jesus tell Peter to put down his sword and heal the person Peter struck...
    Scene was the Garden of Gethsemene... the night before Jesus was crucified.
    Seems if Jesus wanted folks to arm themselves... he would have supported Peter to fight... not the way it went down.

Now lets think about something: Does the Bible contradict itself? If it does... then God is a liar... and we should not take God or Christianity seriously. (And I guarantee you GA would not be a God fearing Christian if he thought God was a liar or Scripture contradicted itself... GA would have left the faith when he was a teen... GA DID question and GA learned). However since Christianity is the #1 religion over time (look up what is the #1 all time best seller book in the world since printing was invented... yeah, the Bible); then perhaps there are things we do not understand when we take a casual look at Scripture. IMO the folks who STUDY the Bible are the ones who understand... the ones who simply listen or repeat sound bytes... well are they really saying what God intended (like folks who quote the Constitution out of context)?
    Each of us who calls ourselves followers of Christ (Christians) needs to know what they believe... and more importantly WHY. It is each person's choice.

Glenn, I am not calling anyone out... What I am saying is: Christians should not settle for what they hear a preacher say... they should ALL study their Bibles regularly. Problem is... there are lots of pastors who say really stupid things. Best way to not be caught up in something a pastor says which is not true... is to study the Word of God oneself... and have a personal relationship with God.
    Just my $0.02 worth.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I don't see where Jesus did anything to promote nations or undermine them directly. Evil was obviously not vanquished from the earth.

The way I see it, Jesus was sent here to live and die a man. He chose to die for our sins, basically letting himself be a sacrificial lamb in order to allow us forgiveness of our sins. And God let him do it, his only begotten son. God delivered to mankind a great gift. Jesus multiplied the gift with his sacrifice.

Jesus was not here to save, destroy or preserve nations or peoples or ideologies or political systems. But save the souls of individual persons.

You and I are very close to being on the same page...

I think one can say in the Spiritual world Christ DID conquer evil. However that would be a LONG post... and as you say; not trying to start a theological debate.
    We have done those at ARP in the past... not really something I want to get involved in at this time.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Well corny I truly hope you see the light some day. My preacher knows the Bible in and out and my wife has studied it a lot also. I get what I need every Sunday at Church since I don't have the time to study the Bible. Your interpolation wouldn't fly to well I'm afraid in my church but as I said before to each his own.

Far be it for me to preach to you or anyone else on the Bible other than point out a "clear" verse or two on a subject dear to me. I haven't been to a theology school just church on Sunday for most of my life when I can make it. Thank you, thank you very much.
    that's very dangerous. that's how the islamist extrimist start. they got it from their preacher. didn't we're told to weight everything against the word?
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    that's very dangerous. that's how the islamist extrimist start. they got it from their preacher. didn't we're told to weight everything against the word?
    That's the thing, glennac doesn't realize that he spouts off the same garbage as the very people he hates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post

"Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me" The Jeezmeister...somewhere in the new testy....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    That's the thing, glennac doesn't realize that he spouts off the same garbage as the very people he hates.
    What I said to blitz goes triple to you syn. Please tell me where I have ever said we should kill or harm those who we don't like or belong to a different religion. Please tell me right now what "garbage" I have ever spouted off like you are doing just now.

You need your mouth washed out with soap. A sincere apology will be accepted in lieu of you posted the above request. Seeing that you cannot post one, please then apologize in accordance with the rules of this site. Thank you, thank you very mucn
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Apparently my post to you didn't go before my post to syn here so here is my reply again to you blitz.

My preacher preaches from the New Testiment and not the book of Satan (the Koran). There is noting in the New Testiment telling you to kill or harm non Christians or anyone for that matter. My preacher is a Baptist preacher and does not preach anything but doing good works as taught in the Bible. fNot a cult just a fundamentalist church believing in good works and love your fellow man. You need help bad blitz. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

If you are referring to the Bible... yes... we are told to 'test' everything according to the 'Word' of God... Some say 'word' = the Bible... some say pray over things. GA believes both are in Scripture... and there are numerous places where both are noted. The way GA see this is God is trying to tell the folks who claim to follow Him... to personally take responsibility to go to God and get leadership... rather than assume one knows what is right and wrong.
    It does not take much reading at ARP to realize none of us has all the answers all the time... not even GA... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    If you are referring to the Bible... yes... we are told to 'test' everything according to the 'Word' of God... Some say 'word' = the Bible... some say pray over things. GA believes both are in Scripture... and there are numerous places where both are noted. The way GA see this is God is trying to tell the folks who claim to follow Him... to personally take responsibility to go to God and get leadership... rather than assume one knows what is right and wrong.
    It does not take much reading at ARP to realize none of us has all the answers all the time... not even GA... <grin>
    Funny GA I have no problem one never going to a Christian church and just staying at home and reading the Bible to get your inspiration and guidance, that is find and commendable

But I have being gathering from your post here and previous posts that you are starting to sound like that if one goes to a good Christian church and listen to the Gospel of Jesus being preached by an ordained minister in an established recognized Christian church that you can become some sort of extremist if you don't go home and read the Bible several hours a day after that.

I hope you are not trying to break bread with one of those Christian haters like blitz or syn who compare Christians to Muslims. Please clarify your self. You are beginning to get to me here. I understand where blitz and syn are coming from. They are "liberals" who distain both conservatives and Christians and like to equate good Christians with the Muslims who want to kill all non believers. Thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast