+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Landis Gyr Load Program

Post Likes

Landis Gyr Load Program

I need to reload a program, about 10 years ago I had taken care of another 600 system. I seem to have forgot or I have some settings wrong. I do not get the option for dataransfer only the cassette. I thought you could select data transfer, tape, and then send file with hyperterminal, procom or bitcom.
    Could anyone refresh my memory.
    Landis Gyr Powers System 600 1991

Post Likes
    Landis & Gyr Powers SCU Programmer and SCU Datamate courtesy of Doug Hickman.

Post Likes
    Loading from tape..... Now that does go way back. I do remember seeing that option on Powers Menus. Although I have never used it. For Pre-Apogee I have always used a program called BCS Programmer which allowes you to program and create points offline and load them in later from a laptop. If you think you are missing items on the menu then perhaps you aren't logged on at high access level? To test this you can look for the system passwords. If you can see and have access to both passwords then you are in at high level. If you can't then you aren't at high level access. If this is the problem and you can't come up with a high level password reply back and I will e-mail Siemens super secret backdoor password to you. That is if you don't alread have it. It isn't such a big secret anymore.

p.s.
    If you are logging on with the default password (whart) it only logs you on at high level if nobody has ever set the high level password.

Post Likes
    BEARS, as in Chicago.

Post Likes
    Thank you for the help, thats what I needed.

Post Likes

Federated Database Utility 6.1.8

Noticed this Powers Landis/Gyr system has a backup file with a P2 extension The Job Log Text file says it's Objectivity Federated Database Utility Version 6.1.8. I'm getting ready to re type in the program however I would like to load the existing backup file. The system will be replaced soon but not yet.

Unable to use the SCU Programmer Rejects the file.

Any Help Thanks.

Post Likes
    BCS\SCU programmer won't be able to use the P2 files, I think the P2's were introduced with Datamate and CDM software.
    Obviously, you're prepared to enter it by hand and I think that's your only option at this point. Other data in the P2 file will include TOD, trend definitions. It doesn't sound like too critical of a system tho, so you'll be OK.

I do recall that there's a EXE to convert BCS database files to text and then they can be imported and converted to the newer file
    (P2) but I do not recall that there's a way to go backwards.

Post Likes
    I would like to obtain the software to download the P2 file if possible since there is quite a bit to enter. Also I dont have a print out of the points set up. I'm not familiar with CDM software and I have the datamate software but I don't see where it will handle the P2 file either.

Post Likes

comunication to "POWER SYSTEM 600" by Landis & Gyr

I need to comunicate to power system 600, but I don't have a control,ler module. I know that this comunication is RS485, isn't it? I want to make a program in Delphi to read the points. I have a RS232-RS485 converter, but I need to know how the protocol is. can you help me?

Post Likes
    You do have a controller module somewhere, but maybe it's not easily accessable?

The easiest way to tap that point info would be thru the MMI port on a controller module (I know you said that you didn't have one and if you don't, then you also don't have a RS485 trunk to tie into anyway). The MMI port outputs in ASCII text.

Quote Originally Posted by idel_nog View Post
    I need to comunicate to power system 600, but I don't have a control,ler module. I know that this comunication is RS485, isn't it? I want to make a program in Delphi to read the points. I have a RS232-RS485 converter, but I need to know how the protocol is. can you help me?
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Post Likes

Post power system 600

our system was ok. there were controler module, trunk isolator, UC (power system 600 landis & gyr) and a Delphi software. one day a controller module broke down, sinse that day we cant comunicate. I tried to fix it, but some integrated circuit blowed up.
    I opened the trunk isolator and I saw the integrated circuit sn75176, so the comunication is rs485. if i descover the protocol, so just make the converter to rs232. My new Delphi program will get the point and keep in HD.

Post Likes
    OK, I see where you're at then.

You are correct that the BLN on the controller module is RS485. The protocol is proprietary tho and I don't have a clue on how to decode it.

I guess I could suggest that you contact the local Siemens office and get a "Trunk Interface" which is what we use to go from the 485 to the 232 for our PC applications. But you'd still have to figure out the protocol.

So, are you saying that the MMI and the AUX MMI ports on the controller module do not function? If they don't, I'm sorry, I don't have any other suggestions.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon3927 View Post
    I would like to obtain the software to download the P2 file if possible since there is quite a bit to enter. Also I dont have a print out of the points set up. I'm not familiar with CDM software and I have the datamate software but I don't see where it will handle the P2 file either.
    I am not very familar with Datamate but the user's manual saya that it should be able to use the .P2 file.
    What version do you have?

Post Likes
    do you still have the programmer and scu datamate available? I have an SCU that I'm looking to integrate into a Jace controller. I got it to work over 232, tried to send the device over serial but no luck. I have the floppy from 2004 with the .p2 file.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Post Likes
    Why do you Americans even bother with this stuff?
    I see post after post where people are asking for ancient software tools because you are trying to do something with a completely obsolete controller.

Why don't you rip this old junk out?

If the customer wants this particular panel integrated or whatever then renew the control gear......

16. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post.
    Post Likes

Fun with SCU's

I can think of this reason.

It's fun.

This was given to me as a project to work on to see if I can just simply get it to work. I got it back to life, I can hit it over 232 and now I'm just trying different methods of uploading the software.

Plus, this stuff needs to be handed to the new generation of techs who need to see how far we've come as an industry. Watching them get it to work gives them a sense of accomplishment and a different way of thinking that is largely lost on todays entering workforce.

All to often I see people not-even-try to fix something or take a chance. "I'm on the phone with Help Desk(YouTube)"
    This is a perfect opportunity to understand the _how_ and _why_ rs-232/485/### actually communicate and work.

Combining this into a program for them to write a Niagara Driver so then they can understand what is involved with software modules, protocols, etc.
    Last edited by atufano; 03-29-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typo
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

18. Likes stanbyyourword, chesehd liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Nuts to that!

You and your firm are mad.
    Paying people to sit around and play with something to see if you can get it to work.
    If that's what you all do no wonder your economy is pants.
    Rip it out and replace. The next generation of guys don't need to be shown how far we have come as a industry. What a ridiculous thing to say.
    Do you think they care?
    "Hay lets go visit old grandpa atufano. Maybe he will tell us a story...."
    "Hi kids..... Well back in my day......"

Post Likes
    Wow...sour grapes, anyone?

Some people are content with "what"

Some people want to know "why" and "how"

Personally, I prefer the latter but am fine if others don't see it that way. It's by understanding how you got to a given place that you my be able to derive why and how you need to get to the next destinstion.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by prtadko View Post
    Nuts to that!

You and your firm are mad.
    Paying people to sit around and play with something to see if you can get it to work.
    If that's what you all do no wonder your economy is pants.
    Rip it out and replace. The next generation of guys don't need to be shown how far we have come as a industry. What a ridiculous thing to say.
    Do you think they care?
    "Hay lets go visit old grandpa atufano. Maybe he will tell us a story...."
    "Hi kids..... Well back in my day......"

21. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post.
    Post Likes
    "We have a large underclass in Britain, and a fairly low standard of education. Our best universities are extremely good, but a very significant proportion of the British population that comes out of compulsory schooling with very low standards of education." Nigel Short

IF the shoe fits....
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Post Likes
    Hahahahaha that's quality.

I don't even know who Nigel Short is. And what does that have to do with anything?
    All kids are complete spanners anyway.
    Hahahahahaha.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in