Landis Gyr Load Program

Landis Gyr Load Program

I need to reload a program, about 10 years ago I had taken care of another 600 system. I seem to have forgot or I have some settings wrong. I do not get the option for dataransfer only the cassette. I thought you could select data transfer, tape, and then send file with hyperterminal, procom or bitcom.
    Could anyone refresh my memory.
    Landis Gyr Powers System 600 1991

Landis & Gyr Powers SCU Programmer and SCU Datamate courtesy of Doug Hickman.

Loading from tape..... Now that does go way back. I do remember seeing that option on Powers Menus. Although I have never used it. For Pre-Apogee I have always used a program called BCS Programmer which allowes you to program and create points offline and load them in later from a laptop. If you think you are missing items on the menu then perhaps you aren't logged on at high access level? To test this you can look for the system passwords. If you can see and have access to both passwords then you are in at high level. If you can't then you aren't at high level access. If this is the problem and you can't come up with a high level password reply back and I will e-mail Siemens super secret backdoor password to you. That is if you don't alread have it. It isn't such a big secret anymore.

p.s.
    If you are logging on with the default password (whart) it only logs you on at high level if nobody has ever set the high level password.

BEARS, as in Chicago.

Thank you for the help, thats what I needed.

Federated Database Utility 6.1.8

Noticed this Powers Landis/Gyr system has a backup file with a P2 extension The Job Log Text file says it's Objectivity Federated Database Utility Version 6.1.8. I'm getting ready to re type in the program however I would like to load the existing backup file. The system will be replaced soon but not yet.

Unable to use the SCU Programmer Rejects the file.

Any Help Thanks.

BCS\SCU programmer won't be able to use the P2 files, I think the P2's were introduced with Datamate and CDM software.
    Obviously, you're prepared to enter it by hand and I think that's your only option at this point. Other data in the P2 file will include TOD, trend definitions. It doesn't sound like too critical of a system tho, so you'll be OK.

I do recall that there's a EXE to convert BCS database files to text and then they can be imported and converted to the newer file
    (P2) but I do not recall that there's a way to go backwards.

I would like to obtain the software to download the P2 file if possible since there is quite a bit to enter. Also I dont have a print out of the points set up. I'm not familiar with CDM software and I have the datamate software but I don't see where it will handle the P2 file either.

comunication to "POWER SYSTEM 600" by Landis & Gyr

I need to comunicate to power system 600, but I don't have a control,ler module. I know that this comunication is RS485, isn't it? I want to make a program in Delphi to read the points. I have a RS232-RS485 converter, but I need to know how the protocol is. can you help me?

You do have a controller module somewhere, but maybe it's not easily accessable?

The easiest way to tap that point info would be thru the MMI port on a controller module (I know you said that you didn't have one and if you don't, then you also don't have a RS485 trunk to tie into anyway). The MMI port outputs in ASCII text.

Quote Originally Posted by idel_nog View Post
    I need to comunicate to power system 600, but I don't have a control,ler module. I know that this comunication is RS485, isn't it? I want to make a program in Delphi to read the points. I have a RS232-RS485 converter, but I need to know how the protocol is. can you help me?
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Post power system 600

our system was ok. there were controler module, trunk isolator, UC (power system 600 landis & gyr) and a Delphi software. one day a controller module broke down, sinse that day we cant comunicate. I tried to fix it, but some integrated circuit blowed up.
    I opened the trunk isolator and I saw the integrated circuit sn75176, so the comunication is rs485. if i descover the protocol, so just make the converter to rs232. My new Delphi program will get the point and keep in HD.

OK, I see where you're at then.

You are correct that the BLN on the controller module is RS485. The protocol is proprietary tho and I don't have a clue on how to decode it.

I guess I could suggest that you contact the local Siemens office and get a "Trunk Interface" which is what we use to go from the 485 to the 232 for our PC applications. But you'd still have to figure out the protocol.

So, are you saying that the MMI and the AUX MMI ports on the controller module do not function? If they don't, I'm sorry, I don't have any other suggestions.
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Quote Originally Posted by Lon3927 View Post
    I would like to obtain the software to download the P2 file if possible since there is quite a bit to enter. Also I dont have a print out of the points set up. I'm not familiar with CDM software and I have the datamate software but I don't see where it will handle the P2 file either.
    I am not very familar with Datamate but the user's manual saya that it should be able to use the .P2 file.
    What version do you have?