Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying tools online.

Anyone know of any good websites to purchase HVAC / refrigeration tools. I am paying so much thru my local supplier.

Trutechtools dot com , rdholder dot com , amazon I've also gotten done really good deals off eBay just gotta be careful

Have you asked your supplier for a better deal? I most always get a better price by asking. I like doing business with people I can talk to.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaur View Post
    Anyone know of any good websites to purchase HVAC / refrigeration tools. I am paying so much thru my local supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Have you asked your supplier for a better deal? I most always get a better price by asking. I like doing business with people I can talk to.
    x2.

I also like bring it back to a local dealer if there is an issue, or warranty issue.
    The opinions expressed by me are not that of my employer.

insulation modern marvels
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37riSkyZzM

Of course. I have a very good relationship with my supplier and the staff do their best but ultimately they are directed by corporate rules. They can only do so much. I have no tool allowance thru my work and tools can get expensive.

I would be inclined to check with another supplier. Since last December I have spent about 10K on tools and equipment. Mostly from my main supplier. When buying on line shipping cost is usually a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbaur View Post
    Of course. I have a very good relationship with my supplier and the staff do their best but ultimately they are directed by corporate rules. They can only do so much. I have no tool allowance thru my work and tools can get expensive.

Trutech tools is pretty solid. Pricing is good and they back up their products. Online shopping isn't sketchy like it was years ago

Shipping is free from holder and if you call TTT they have waived shipping also get 5% discount for hvactalk members at holder and TTT.

I dont know who your supplier may be but I can always get Johnstone or United to match or beat the prices of any website, plus there are no shipping cost.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I dont know who your supplier may be but I can always get Johnstone or United to match or beat the prices of any website, plus there are no shipping cost.
    Johnstone wont match most on line store's, not sure about UR. Ebay, for get about it, don't even ask.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2GA01 View Post
    Johnstone wont match most on line store's, not sure about UR. Ebay, for get about it, don't even ask.
    Not only they match online prices, they come a few bucks lower most of the time. couple of months ago I bought a set of Testo 557 from Johnstone, the cheapest one I found on line came about $40 more than Johnstone, bought the appion core removers from them too, save around $10EA compare to online prices, not including what they charge for shipping. The secret is to have a good relationship with the guys behind the counter.

I can't say enough good things about Tru Tech Tools. Great prices, great service, fast shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Not only they match online prices, they come a few bucks lower most of the time. couple of months ago I bought a set of Testo 557 from Johnstone, the cheapest one I found on line came about $40 more than Johnstone, bought the appion core removers from them too, save around $10EA compare to online prices, not including what they charge for shipping. The secret is to have a good relationship with the guys behind the counter.

NOT that way here in GA.

feel free to Call any GA johnstones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast