Bluon r-G8 Refrigerant....

Does anyone know what this stuff really is? Has anyone used it or know anything about it? Had some sales guy from a competitor company try to sell my customer on replacing the refrigerant in their A/C Units with this stuff. Claims they can save 15-30% on energy savings by reduced amp draw on the compressor. Also claims that its a direct drop in replacement for R-22 and R-410A, no need to flush the system or change anything other than the refrigerant. They stated that they charge by superheat (I Suppose they are talking about a fixed metering device system.) When questioned about a TXV I guess the guy hesitated.

I can't seem to find anything legitimate regarding this product. Though I've just started my research, I haven't found anything mentioned on any other site or EPA etc.... Can anyone shed some light on this???

My customer agreed to let them put their hands on (1) of the A/C Units as a trial run against better judgement. In return, they want my customer to provide a written statement on a company letterhead stating that they too were skeptics and were amazed at the performance of this refrigerant (Or whatever it is.) I personally think its a bunch of hoopla and gimmics and hope they destroy my customers equipment and voids every warranty imaginable with the use of this product.

Thanks in advance....

BTW - Here's a link to the product in question. http://bluonenergy.com/products.html

First I heard of R-G8 but sure sounds like all the other HC stuff that is out there.
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Any further info?

Have there been any further developments with the Bluon r-G8 product discussion in refrigeration circles, any further field tests?

Has anyone been provided a TP chart, or and UL listing or related data?

Thanks

What ever happened with this? Have you gotten any new information from your customer?

Quote Originally Posted by ems4ty View Post
    Does anyone know what this stuff really is? Has anyone used it or know anything about it? Had some sales guy from a competitor company try to sell my customer on replacing the refrigerant in their A/C Units with this stuff. Claims they can save 15-30% on energy savings by reduced amp draw on the compressor. Also claims that its a direct drop in replacement for R-22 and R-410A, no need to flush the system or change anything other than the refrigerant. They stated that they charge by superheat (I Suppose they are talking about a fixed metering device system.) When questioned about a TXV I guess the guy hesitated.

I can't seem to find anything legitimate regarding this product. Though I've just started my research, I haven't found anything mentioned on any other site or EPA etc.... Can anyone shed some light on this???

My customer agreed to let them put their hands on (1) of the A/C Units as a trial run against better judgement. In return, they want my customer to provide a written statement on a company letterhead stating that they too were skeptics and were amazed at the performance of this refrigerant (Or whatever it is.) I personally think its a bunch of hoopla and gimmics and hope they destroy my customers equipment and voids every warranty imaginable with the use of this product.

Thanks in advance....

BTW - Here's a link to the product in question. http://bluonenergy.com/products.html

They dropped it like a bad habit. Customer never went through with the deal so I have no further information. I wouldn't touch it, but thats because I still don't know anything about it. With all these "new" refrigerants out there, its hard to keep track sometimes.