Trane RTAA EXV's & Board, UPC2 & 3 100T compressors

I'm replacing a 1994 300Ton RTAA next month and would like to try and get some added salvage value from some of the components.

Full disclosue:
    Circuit 1 (compressors 1&2) was abandonded last year due to a cond coil leak that could not economically be repaired. An EXV failed closed and blow the charge out the releif vent. 1 EXV was replaced, but we had to upgrade the board to replace it and don't you love it, all 3 have to be powered up for it to work So we have 2 brand new EXV's sitting in the electrical cabinet. Circuit 2 is still fuctional. The compressor have never been overhauled to my knowledge. The UPC 2 looks new. I believe it's <3 years old. Also, circuit 1 is missing most of the condenser fans that were still working. They were canabalized to keep circuit 2 running.

I'm hoping someone wants the compressors for the core charge value. I can strap them to a pallet.

I can get more info if there is serious interest.

If soemone wants to send a truck, they can have the whole unit in one piece for a very low price.

Motoguy, are you sure you don't mean the "UCP1" control panel vs the "UPC2"? The UCP1 was an alpha numeric display that you had to convert the code using a unit mounted label. The UCP2 display read out in plain English, with 2 lines of text. The UCP2 came on the smaller RTAA's, 75-125 tons I think.

You are right, the ucp1...Ive enjoyed referencing that label limping the poor thing along the last year. I have low ambint lo at 55f and chilled water temp at 58 just so it will come up on 1 circuit without tripping on high limit with load temp at 70f. It stages the fans too slow with a singled circuit and full flow rate.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

I'll see if there is any interest where I work in some of those parts.

FYI, the RTAA is actually neither UCP1 or 2. The whole system is called "UCM".

The large-tonnage 130-400 RTAAs use a blue vacuum flourescent display similar to the UCP695 (1) panel, but the control architecture and operation is the same as the small-tonnage 70-125 RTAA with the "clear language display", save for some very minor differences in some of the safeties and the small RTAA having an additional transformer to power the CLD.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

It may just be the display thats new then.

I did take a photo of the cabinet. Ill see if I can post them.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Rob is right. I should have said "UCP1 style" or "UCP2 style". At least that's the terminology used around here.