Post Likes

what is the Most Ingenious setup you have ever engineered? Designed or Home-made?

I helped a Blood Bank design a tank semi enclosed (encapsulated stainless) For chilling 300 Gallons of food grade Glycol at -40 deg F
    We buried the Tank in 6" shell of cooler panels. It had to have a triple redundant Refrigeration circuit. Non exposed Evaporator All with No finned coils and stainless tubing.(and we know how poor Stainless is as a Heat displacement material)
    We had to use Brass Screw type circulators as the regular Glycol pumps would send stainless impeller shrapnel down the line and stop up strainers. -40 is a whole new game..
    Time #2
    I Designed and installed in a Specialty Butchers Market an Ageing Cooler at +45 deg.,A 70% High Humidity aging Cooler for Salumi ( the art of Salami) and a Static Evap long exposure cooler for cutting, All in an open Environment glass partitions throughout and Had to maintain 39 degrees while not moving any air other than the cold air fall. Without freezing up.
    Anybody out there who could tell How it was done?
    I'm sure someone can get close!!!

Post Likes
    dole hold over plates & Low pressure switch.

Post Likes
    I had a pick-up truck that needed to haul some heavy loads. Automatic Trans

Unhooked AC lines to Condenser , flushed condenser out good , ran Transmission lines to condenser , I now had one big ass Tranny cooler

2 years later the fluid was still nice and pink in color , I was impressed

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    I had a pick-up truck that needed to haul some heavy loads. Automatic Trans

Unhooked AC lines to Condenser , flushed condenser out good , ran Transmission lines to condenser , I now had one big ass Tranny cooler

2 years later the fluid was still nice and pink in color , I was impressed
    But you were sweating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk