Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I wonder if that would work with my ol' lady
    Knowing women the way I do, she'd probably end up stuffn you!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Nobody wants to ban ALL dogs...

We just want to take the "dangerous" dogs off of the street.

That's why I'm supporting the 2012 "assault canine" ban.

We'll ban any dog that has more than 10% bloodline of any of the top 152 "most dangerous" breeds or at least one characteristic that makes the dog LOOK like one of the top 152 "most dangerous" breeds.

While I'm not sure that it will reduce the incidences of dog-related crime, it will make all of us FEEL a whole lot better about walking the streets without any of these dangerous "assault dogs" walking free.

Let me be clear, I'm not coming to take your hunting dog. I'm not coming to take your lap dog, but WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING about all of this dog related crime. Even if we can't stop ALL of it.

If ONE child is saved....

Interesting theory, I didn't know God created assault rifles, I always thought that man did that. Just goes to show you can learn something new everyday.

You can have my dogs when you can pry them out of my cold dead hands.

Only the police and military should have access to these killer dogs.

I have taken proactive measures declawing and filing down my dogs teeth so if someone breaks into my house and gets bit i wont get sue. Maybe if we all took theis steps we wouldnt have to ban dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post

We'll ban any dog that has more than 10% bloodline of any of the top 152 "most dangerous" breeds or at least one characteristic that makes the dog LOOK like one of the top 152 "most dangerous" breeds.

While I'm not sure that it will reduce the incidences of dog-related crime, it will make all of us FEEL a whole lot better about walking the streets without any of these dangerous "assault dogs" walking free.

Let me be clear, I'm not coming to take your hunting dog. I'm not coming to take your lap dog, but WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING about all of this dog related crime. Even if we can't stop ALL of it.

F'n GOLDEN reply!!
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Now the owner, who most likely taught that dog to be a killer of sorts, will go an get another one and do the same.

Now only if we could do something about the user of these killer dogs many more kids could be saved.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post

Now the owner, who most likely taught that dog to be a killer of sorts, will go an get another one and do the same.

Now only if we could do something about the user of these killer dogs many more kids could be saved.
    It CAN'T be the owner of the dogs any more than it's the owners of the assault weapons using them improperly....

Im going assume this will include the dreaded "HAIR MISSILE" canine
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

A responsible dog owner might be required to have them chained and tethered when not in use. Sort of a 'dog safe' situation. I am not saying we need to take away anyone's dog, but it might need to be regulated. And some of the worst type of killer dogs, maybe they should be banned.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Interesting theory, I didn't know God created assault rifles, I always thought that man did that. Just goes to show you can learn something new everyday.

You can have my dogs when you can pry them out of my cold dead hands.
    Seems strange to me netsalt, you abhor guns yet you harbor killer dogs. Our children are not safe around your dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    A responsible dog owner might be required to have them chained and tethered when not in use. Sort of a 'dog safe' situation. I am not saying we need to take away anyone's dog, but it might need to be regulated. And some of the worst type of killer dogs, maybe they should be banned.
    Given the nature of some dogs, we need two forms of safety in place.

If you already own an Assault Canine, it must be chained AND fenced in or chained and kept inside. There will also be specific types of collars and chains mandated in the law, as well as door and wall construction requirements if you choose to keep these dangerous beasts rather than selling them back to the government for processing into McDonald's hamburgers.

This new, tough Assault Canine law is going to require electrified razor wire to contain these dangerous beasts and protect our children.

For wall construction, I'm thinking steel stud construction with double layer 5/8" drywall with chicken wire fencing between them would be adequate for a wall substrate with a required wall finish of 1/8" stainless steel welded together and lag bolted to the wall studs.

Don't ban the dogs. Confiscate all the dog food, cats and tablescraps. The dogs will be deemed worthless.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast