Hybrid View

Confused Seimens Apogee Insight work station updating graphics

I have just recently started a new job where the BAS system is Seimens Apogee, using the Insight work station. As of yet I am unfamiliar with this system as I am with others. I have been given the task of installing several hundred discharge air sensors on heat pumps which are using a TEC module at each unit. My question is how do I now get these sensors online to my front end and update my graphics to reflect this. On previos systems I have used it was simply a matter of assigning the analog point and up updating the system, then adding the necessary graphic using their graphic suite( ie RC studio). Any help would be appreciated. I believe the Insight version we are using is 3.11.

Go to the system profile and un-bundle the point for that application and then add the aux temp to the default graphic if it isn't already present.

The points should already exist in the TECs. If you wire the Aux temp sensors to the correct AI the subpoint will be in the TEC application as "Aux Temp". You will need to unbundle the points to bring them into the data base. From system profile go to TOOLS, AUTO UNBUNDLE, Select the correct application for the Heat Pumps, when the points display check the Aux Temp point and click OK. This will unbundle all of the Aux Temp subpoint for the particular application you selected for the entire site. Once the points are unbundled you can add the points to the graphics. There are several ways to add the points to the graphics. You can simply add them manually to a graphic by inserting a information block and assigning the point to it. Or, if you are using a template you would need to add the point to the template graphic.
    You can email me if you get stuck. Check my profile for contact info.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

Much appreciated. BTW Ben Franklin is so correct it makes me humble

Hey Air finally gostart that project adding sensors to those heat pumps. All went well, unbundled it all, got the point, the sensors are reading. Th only problem I am having now is is managed to get the graphics to show a sensor in degigner, added a data block, but now I can't get that reading from the sensor to link and show in the data box in my graphics?????? I think im a step away, but I missing something...... any help would be appreciated, I am in the home stretch I believe

Quote Originally Posted by seagar15 View Post
    Hey Air finally gostart that project adding sensors to those heat pumps. All went well, unbundled it all, got the point, the sensors are reading. Th only problem I am having now is is managed to get the graphics to show a sensor in degigner, added a data block, but now I can't get that reading from the sensor to link and show in the data box in my graphics?????? I think im a step away, but I missing something...... any help would be appreciated, I am in the home stretch I believe
    Provide the details of how you added information blocks to the graphics. If you look at my profile you should be able to get to my website and call me at the number on the website.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

In system profile go to the unbundled point on the top toolbar and select point 15 aux temp or ai 3 depending on the app and select sync with graphics.

sync with graphics? I admit, I didn't notice that option anywhere...........

Under one of the pull downs in system profile you'll see unbundle point tab, select you app and point and sync with graphics.

Willy, doesn't it sync automatically with each change?

Seagar, you won't add the info block in Designer, you add it in the Graphics application, take your TEC graphic, and put it in edit mode, and copy the damper or valve or whatever, paste the damper\valve, then change the point name from *:vlv 1 comd to :aux temp (or :supply temp, depending on your application).
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Yeah ding your right, that step is adding new unbundled points to a template.