+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Someone just fix the unit...

Post Likes
    wow...I'll take a table in non-smoking, please. If there's any left in the days to come...

Post Likes
    You should have checked for CO

It would be hard for him to ignore something BEEPING

Owner of unit- What's that
    You- my Alarm to get the ?...... outta hear before I die

That's nuts! Those things are so HOT I melted my Columbia jacket on one.

Post Likes
    I believe after I walked out and said I Dont wanna be on the ten o'clock news he got my point... I believe... I hope at least..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Totally ignored not only co risks, but that the propane tank is supposed to be on the end of the 25ft hose... oudoors. I actually have one of those buddy heaters but have never used it. I wonder if an commercial insurance carrier could flat out deny a claim in a fire if they found that.

Theyh do actuslly have a o2 sensor and tip over switch..and they atre only about 5000btus each I think.... but still a very bad idea.

At least there wasn,t a single kerosene salamander running in. The middle of the room.

Sent from my SGPT12 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    I don't get how it's not producing CO? Or is it kinda like a gas range...plenty of combustion air?

Post Likes
    A couple of things to clear up about the portable ventless heater:

It does not have an O2 sensor, it just has a calibrated torch flame on the pilot burner that barely touches the thermocouple tip, if the oxygen content of the air gets too low the flame gets lazy, lifts up off of the tip, thermocouple cools, heater shuts down.

That is the Mr. Heater Big Buddy or Tough Buddy infrared plaque heater, it is 4000 (1 plaque low), 9000 (1 plaque high), or 18000 (both plaques high) BTUs per hour.

They are also using the wrong bulk tank hose, the big buddy has 2 regulators built in with threads to connect directly to 2 1LB propane cylinders, it also has a low pressure (11" WC) quick connect fitting. They are using a high pressure hose connected to one of those regulators, not the proper low pressure hose with a regulator at the tank. That hose is only for the regular Buddy heater that only has 1 plaque, and 1 cylinder connection, hence is 1/2 output. That hose also has to be used with an inline oil separator (sold as a filter) that has a male 1Lb fitting on one end and a female on the other. And yes the bulk tank is supposed to be located outside.

The 2 built-in regulators have valves in them that close when the 1Lb cylinder is removed to prevent gas from leaking, and the quick connect is designed like a hydraulic fitting, IE both male and female ends seal when disconnected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in