Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    York Sunline? God I hate those things.

Check the heat exchanger, probably has red silicone with foil tape on it too.

With the exception of the missing burner, I have had to fix one of those that burnt up like that, not the worst job, but there is some labor there.

Quote Originally Posted by grkmano View Post
    I told him time for a new unit but he won't go for it.. doesn't have enough years left on the lease. So I told him to by space heaters for now and if we could fix then okay but if not he has to decide

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Have no sympathy for the customer.....and I have learned my lesson from a job I did yesterday....Told them back in July they had a leak, came back in Sept told them the leak was still there-you need to authorize the repair...."just add freon"...got their electric bill last month and now in 20 degree weather I am fixing a leak

I learned my lesson long ago from convenience stores....after the 10th craigslist person has "worked on it" there isn't much left!

Ive brazed a few burner orifice shut to get a unit by that has a bad chamber. Also done it to de-rate a grossly oversized unit a bunch of times..

Honeywell control by Salvador Dali.

Reminds me of a burned out unit I found on the roof of a Greek restaurant. Massive rollout due to bad Hx, set unit on fire, everything destroyed.

'Gus' had already been up there and all the panels were laying around. When he said he wanted the old unit repaired, I just laughed and told him to give my boss a call for a quote on a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyed View Post
    Ive brazed a few burner orifice shut to get a unit by that has a bad chamber. Also done it to de-rate a grossly oversized unit a bunch of times..
    I did the same but I just put in a plug there no braze needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andr00 View Post
    Honeywell control by Salvador Dali.

Reminds me of a burned out unit I found on the roof of a Greek restaurant. Massive rollout due to bad Hx, set unit on fire, everything destroyed.

'Gus' had already been up there and all the panels were laying around. When he said he wanted the old unit repaired, I just laughed and told him to give my boss a call for a quote on a new one.
    Greeks are the worst. The cheapest way possible I deal a lot with hem considering I'm Greek.

But I learned how to just walk away from certain things as this one I'm probably gonna walk away I just wanna check why that flamed up.. from hx or the hack from before

Quote Originally Posted by grkmano View Post
    I did the same but I just put in a plug there no braze needed.

Ditto on the plug. I see so many sunline units a week. Not my favorite heat exchanger to replace although I can do a 10 or 20 ton with ease

So as an update the hx is cracked. The burner setup needs to be changed and all the wiring redone.. giving him a quote on Monday. Wanna sell him new unit but getting unit into place gonna need crane and permit shut down street..
    So we see what happens but I Dont think he going for new unit.

please keep us updated. get your money up front.

If he says okay to do the job he will pay that much I know he's good for.

But decision making is not his strong suit.. lol

I never understood why folks dump money into old junk. But heat exchanger, ignition control, etc . . . And you should make a nice buck.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I bet the reason he cant get hold of the last guy worked on it .... because HE did it himself !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast