Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new fan motor loud and not starting

Post Likes
    Justin,

Playing around with an Ethernet cable is not the same as playing around with high voltage. IT forums are not the same as this.

While you may be capable or repairing your systems yourself, others aren't. Someone will google their problem and bring up this exact thread. Then that person hurts themselves or others because they're not properly trained.

That is a risk that neither myself or this website wants to deal with.

And from what I've read, you should stick to IT. HVAC isn't your thing.

Post Likes
    Wrong network switch or a bad gateway won't burn down a house guy.

Post Likes
    Your still not seeing my point about the different amps. Use resistors?? Come on. You really shouldn't be tackling this one!

Post Likes
    Did you feed the squirrel? Maybe that's what's going on?

Post Likes
    did you replace the capicitor with the correct size for the new motor

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    I'm an IT consultant by trade, and My profession is similar to yours, I fix things that are broke, or provide solutions to enhance things. I work for a small company that works for other small companies, because I like helping people. Our company with just about any IT related forum go out of our way to assist others and never limit our assistance for any reason.
    Wonder if thats why so many IT guys are out of work.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-30-2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Post Likes
    greenhorn0311, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

Your post has been deleted.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    I don't believe in hiring people to do something I can do myself. Its wired properly and runs on both low and high speed Also seems to be pulling the correct voltage. It's an AC motor, 120V and ground should make it work, I don't see where there is a wiring issue.

I'd rather spend the money on a complete hvac and install myself then hire someone. That is why I posted on here for assistance. How about pointing me in the right direction so I can learn?
    Well if you really want help to DIY, here's what you are going to need. 1) Fluke true RMS Model 375, Cost $250-350, 2) 2 years tradesman schooling in electrical/HVAC repair, Cost $10,000 to $20,000, 3) Artisan Insurance Policy covering $1-$2 Million, Cost $1000, Grand Total to DIY (run the risk of fire, damage to property or life)Cost $21,350....... or you could hire a licensed HVAC contractor who could troubleshoot and repair/replace your problem for a FRACTION of that cost and and a fraction of time. Cheers.

BTW the Professionals here on the forum LOVE helping people, It's what we do for a living. We even give valuable tips and free service call to our friends, but we cannot give help to the ignorant DIYer who might get them self killed, and their family tries to hold us accountable for their stupidity. For example: Your problem, fan motor is used on a gas furnace, it doesn't move enough air over the heat exchanger, causing it to crack prematurely, and because you have bypassed the CO detector because it was "making to much noise" your family never wakes up....... PLEASE hire a Professional.

Post Likes
    Ok, fair enough.

The right approach is to number 1 know your limitations and number 2 once you know your limitations hire a professional. You have proven that this task exceeded your ability to do it correctly.

Learn from it.

And no, there is not enough skillset crossover from IT to HVAC.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

Last edited by beenthere; 02-01-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Post Likes
    greenhorn0311, this is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

Your post has been deleted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in