Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No DIY. Read the rules.

Call a professional before you hurt yourself, your family, or your equipment.

So, let me see if I have this right...

You diagnosed a bad motor and replaced it yourself. Now the new motor is doing the same thing. Now because its drawing 120v, you have decided its not a wiring issue. Since you can do this yourself, you ask us what motor you should buy next?

I've always liked General Motors. My Chevy purrs like a champ. Recently I've been considering getting a hemi...

Okay, that's not nice. Do you get the point? Hire a tech. Or keep buying motors and expect different results with each new one...

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum, and only Pro members that have been vetted by the AOPC may post advise, commentary, or ask questions of the OP here. Please apply to the AOPC today, thank you.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Further infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-27-2013 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Non Pro * Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn0311 View Post
    First off sticking your paws in or around a squirrel cage when energized is not very wise..........
    Darn it, I've seen tens of thousands of those things and have yet to spot one of those ever so elusive squirrels. I always thought they were forward curved centrifugal blowers with a housing design based on the Archimedes scroll. But I could be wrong.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Okay I got it about replacing a motor with less amps. I see I can replace a motor with the same amperage as old and all will be good. But considering they have more efficient motors now with less amperage I should be able to use resistors and use a motor with less amperage, right? This way i'll be able to save energy costs.

I'm moving in a couple months anyways so either is not a huge deal, but what is the best option?

Also, I appreciate the help that forums like these provide. But it is upsetting that this forum puts limits and restrictions on help, for the sole purpose to push people to hire people in your profession. This might be the only forum I've ever been on that limits the assistance and is so negative on assisting others.

I'm an IT consultant by trade, and My profession is similar to yours, I fix things that are broke, or provide solutions to enhance things. I work for a small company that works for other small companies, because I like helping people. Our company with just about any IT related forum go out of our way to assist others and never limit our assistance for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    Also, I appreciate the help that forums like these provide. But it is upsetting that this forum puts limits and restrictions on help, for the sole purpose to push people to hire people in your profession. This might be the only forum I've ever been on that limits the assistance and is so negative on assisting others.

I'm an IT consultant by trade, and My profession is similar to yours, I fix things that are broke, or provide solutions to enhance things. I work for a small company that works for other small companies, because I like helping people. Our company with just about any IT related forum go out of our way to assist others and never limit our assistance for any reason.
    Don't you mean you fix things that you break?
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Justin,

Playing around with an Ethernet cable is not the same as playing around with high voltage. IT forums are not the same as this.

While you may be capable or repairing your systems yourself, others aren't. Someone will google their problem and bring up this exact thread. Then that person hurts themselves or others because they're not properly trained.

That is a risk that neither myself or this website wants to deal with.

And from what I've read, you should stick to IT. HVAC isn't your thing.

Wrong network switch or a bad gateway won't burn down a house guy.

Your still not seeing my point about the different amps. Use resistors?? Come on. You really shouldn't be tackling this one!

Did you feed the squirrel? Maybe that's what's going on?

did you replace the capicitor with the correct size for the new motor
    We really need change now

Quote Originally Posted by justinm001 View Post
    Wonder if thats why so many IT guys are out of work.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast