Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with previous post. The XR15 condenser should be the HP model.

If you want better dehumidification then add a two stg furnace with var speed blower motor.

And if there is little future in getting nat gas service to your home, you might consider the higher efficient XV95 or XT95.

Of course you will need a good DF thermostat with outdoor sensor. And I recommend a whole house air filter cabinet.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    if your going to be using lp i would want a dual fuel system .a heat pump outside and a trane 803 thermostat with a outdoor sensor. if you do not go dual fuel then get a 95 % efficiency furnace like the xv 95 or the xt 95
    I didn't even think about this selection but I do agree this might be a good option. I just saw where installer was going to be putting in a XT 80 & without budget info. Thought the XV 80 would be a better option.

Here in Louisana we don't see or install many duel fuel systems or for that matter 95% furnaces. This is due to no real good payback as we have mild winters and hot summers. I can't count on my hand the number of duel fuel systems I have installed over the last 5 years again for the above listed reason.

If the home is up north then duel fuel, and 95% variable speed 2 stage gas furnace paired with a heat pump would make more since. Time for the OP to talk to their installing company about the diffrent options and see what best fits his or her budget.

Thanks. That makes sense. We currently barely ever run our water in our current home here in Houston.

Our budget for the full install is 12k and I am coming in just under that now. I am spending extra on sealin and insulation to keep the outside out.

It is a hard choice in the end but I have to balance every aspect of this house without going hog wild with the best that money can buy. You guys are really helping me understand this better to make that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by zuhl View Post
    Thanks. That makes sense. We currently barely ever run our water in our current home here in Houston.

Our budget for the full install is 12k and I am coming in just under that now. I am spending extra on sealin and insulation to keep the outside out.

It is a hard choice in the end but I have to balance every aspect of this house without going hog wild with the best that money can buy. You guys are really helping me understand this better to make that choice.

Ok with your budget at least look into a variable speed, 2 stage furnace. A XV 80 want be that much more then a XT 80 furnace. Quick question is the amount you listed in the budget including ductwork and both downstairs and upstairs units?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12