Hydronic question

A commercial bakery I do some work for asked me if there was a way to get 86 degree water for dough mixing.

They would require approx 40 L of water every 10 minutes for each mix.

Tankless water heater came to mind as it would be able to keep up with the demand, issue is the water would be far too hot. Some sort of mixing valve would have to be added to bring temperatures down to 86.

Water supply is 42.8

Anyone have a suggestion? Speaking to one of my suppliers he told me it might be a good idea to walk away from this job because of the liability.

Sounds like a good little project. There's a way, breweries and other manufactures that need precise
    Temperature control have found the individuals to design such equipment. Most equipment at these factories are one offs, thought of by one man. I know so, my wife's father has designed manufacturing equipment for bakeries is and such. You need to research and have ingenuity .

You could be holding the next million dollar idea.

A lot of bakeries also need cold water for part of the process. I used to install a small chiller and then I mixed the condenser water with the cold water (mixing valve and brazed plate heat exchangers) to give them what they wanted.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Talk to the suppliers of the baking and food handling equipment. That is standard off the shelf stuff for them. The bakery should be able to give you a reps name.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Ckeck this out

Why not just put in a mixing valve and dedicated water heater? Set water heater at 100 and let it eat.

Quote Originally Posted by alcomech View Post
    Ckeck this out
    This could come in handy, thanks.

Also did some researching, thinking an instant hot water heater with a recirc pump on it, may do the trick. Looks like the gpm they require will match up with the temp rise.