Thread: Difficulty finding a replacement On/Off - Hi/Med/Low/Off switch for a Trane unit

Post Likes

Difficulty finding a replacement On/Off - Hi/Med/Low/Off switch for a Trane unit

At our Court House we have several pneumatic 4-pipe Trane wall units. Some have an X13530073-07 (Landis & Gyr Powers 556-226) fan control switch in them. It is an Off, Hi, Med, Lo Switch. We are having a difficult time finding a replacement. We contacted our local Trane Parts Dept and they said it doesn't exist (it obviously does because we have some and I was able to find a used one listed on Ebay.) Yesterday I called another Trane Parts Dept and he said it was replaced with the KIT9182 and gave me a price of $. The gentlemen didn't seem real confident in this being the part, had no literature or pictures of the part. (The price seemed rather high to me for what it is, but if it is the correct part it is cheaper than other places I've found it on the internet.)

The Questions:
    1) Does anyone know if this is correct?
    2) Does anyone know of a cost effective replacement? Or a better route to take with these units.
    3) Does anyone know of a way of looking up Trane parts based on the numbers on the parts themselves we haven't had much luck with that even when calling Trane.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Doug
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-30-2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Price

Post Likes
    The replacement for X13530073-07 is KIT08156. Use KIT08159 if changeover switch is required.

Post Likes
    Thank you R123. Is Trane the only place to get that?

Post Likes
    Don't know. I just crossed over the Trane part number.

Post Likes
    Alright, I appreciate the information.

Post Likes
    R123, it looks like the KIT9182 replaces the KIT08156.

Anyone have an idea where I can a spec sheet on either of these?

Thanks

Post Likes
    You are correct, KIT09182 replaces the KIT08156 and KIT09183 if changeover switch is required.

Post Likes
    Check your email.

Post Likes
    Thank you.
    I've ordered something that will hold us over, replacing the fan switch, until we can come up with the best approach to bringing these units up to date control wise. My thoughts are if we are going to have to spend X amount to fix one why not spend X+a to get them ready for the future since we will have this building for many years. Just need to figure out what that is.

Post Likes
    Found a X13530074-02 online and used it. Only wired in the fan to it. Works fine.
    Will still need to figure out a long range solution so if anyone has suggestions that would be appreciated.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in