Results 1 to 10 of 10

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Monticello, IL
    Post Likes

    Difficulty finding a replacement On/Off - Hi/Med/Low/Off switch for a Trane unit

    At our Court House we have several pneumatic 4-pipe Trane wall units. Some have an X13530073-07 (Landis & Gyr Powers 556-226) fan control switch in them. It is an Off, Hi, Med, Lo Switch. We are having a difficult time finding a replacement. We contacted our local Trane Parts Dept and they said it doesn't exist (it obviously does because we have some and I was able to find a used one listed on Ebay.) Yesterday I called another Trane Parts Dept and he said it was replaced with the KIT9182 and gave me a price of $. The gentlemen didn't seem real confident in this being the part, had no literature or pictures of the part. (The price seemed rather high to me for what it is, but if it is the correct part it is cheaper than other places I've found it on the internet.)

    The Questions:
    1) Does anyone know if this is correct?
    2) Does anyone know of a cost effective replacement? Or a better route to take with these units.
    3) Does anyone know of a way of looking up Trane parts based on the numbers on the parts themselves we haven't had much luck with that even when calling Trane.

    Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Last edited by beenthere; 01-30-2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Price

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.