Thread: Sorry

Post Likes

Sorry

I am sorry that I replied to post with out being a reg. contractor, I thought that the forum was to help others and I guess that I was wrong.
    I do not know why I should give you my info as in my cert.# of any other identity info when that kind of theft is so big.
    I will not bother you or your forum again.

McCarty Services
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    Sorry you feel that way you are missing out on a lot of good really smart guys here to help each other out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mccartyser View Post
    I am sorry that I replied to post with out being a reg. contractor, I thought that the forum was to help others and I guess that I was wrong.
    I do not know why I should give you my info as in my cert.# of any other identity info when that kind of theft is so big.
    I will not bother you or your forum again.

McCarty Services
    I wouldn't give my cert# because it contains my SS#. That's no big deal. As far as your professional info is concerned, anybody who does business with your gets that, right? Name, email address, company name, etc. I also got my hand slapped in the AOP forum. My solution...don't participate in that forum. I chose not to go through the vetting to get an asterisk next to my name. Many other places on this forum to help out and get helped. Hope you choose to stick around.

Post Likes
    Yes, there are a few rules around here, but they are effective in keeping the site from becoming a home owner DIY forum, and they keep everything professional.

You may very well be a licensed pro, with all the qualifications to post in AOP, but we have no way of knowing. To be fair, the same procedures are followed across the board

I have got my wrist slapped in AOP, as have a lot of the pros here

Your not the first, and won't be the last, it's really not that big a deal...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by LKJoel View Post
    Yes, there are a few rules around here, but they are effective in keeping the site from becoming a home owner DIY forum, and they keep everything professional.

You may very well be a licensed pro, with all the qualifications to post in AOP, but we have no way of knowing. To be fair, the same procedures are followed across the board

I have got my wrist slapped in AOP, as have a lot of the pros here

Your not the first, and won't be the last, it's really not that big a deal...
    I understand the rule and will respect it.
    Couldn't something be set so that only Professional Members can post to restricted forums?
    That would make it impossible to violate the rule innocently (DAMHIKT).
    It would save the moderators some work, and avoid hurt feelings.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toller View Post
    Couldn't something be set so that only Professional Members can post to restricted forums?
    Been suggested more than once. Apparently there is no easy way of doing that while keeping it an open forum

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toller View Post
    If we restricted to forum to Professional Members ONLY, then the NON Professional Members wouldn't be able to post their questions.

Catch-22.

Post Likes
    I got my hand slapped too. I understand your frustration. All these threads and different areas of the forum can be confusing when you first join.

Post Likes
    All this site has from me, other than what's on my profile page, is a scanned page from Ferris State U. showing that I have a refrigerant certification. The only personal info it has is my name. And I'm not sure that was needed, I just kinda threw in when applying. Dang, I hope this doesn't get me "demoted".

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in