+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT ?

Post Likes

AIR FILTER REPLACEMENT ?

Im wondering if anyone has seen an affordable,easy read meter..,that could be installed in ducting to help home owner know when there filters need to be changed. Its the larger 4'' styles that are visually hard to tell.,and the cost of them, makes H.O. reluctant to do so. Thanks ahead!

Post Likes
    magnhelic??????????
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Maybe a furance pressure switch that could turn a light on if static was over a certain amount? You woudl have to test to see what a good reading is and select the appropriate switch..

Post Likes
    They do make such a device. Do not know who or where. Saw one in the past that mounts on blower access door. I suppose they had to drill a small hole to take a relative static pressure reading. A pointer would indicate pressure when filter is installed and move according to static pressure as filter became loaded.

Post Likes
    A DP switch wired to an indicator lamp of some sort would work.

Post Likes
    I have this on my furnace: http://www.amazon.com/HomeAire-Radon...ords=dynameter

Dwyer used to make a couple of acrylic manometers specifically for use as filter gauges.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in