+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anomometer

Post Likes

Anomometer

Just curious if anyone has a meter that will automatically convert FPM to CFM? I have a cheap Extech anomometer that does FPM but not CFM. Any recommendations?

Post Likes
    The Fieldpiece STA-2 will do it. Of course you have to enter the duct size and take traverse readings to be accurate.
    http://fieldpiece.com/standalone-instruments/sta2

Post Likes
    If I hired a licensed professional air balancing contractor, and they pulled a FP out of the truck...
    Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, and Loyalty is returned.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-blew View Post
    If I hired a licensed professional air balancing contractor, and they pulled a FP out of the truck...
    what would they need to impress you?

if you are not balancing and just want to get a CFM for verifying airflow, would it be acceptable for you?

if a tool performs the function it is intended and is accurate, what else do you need?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Looks good but I am considering the Testo 417. I kind of like the idea of having the vanes vs the hot wire.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddsims View Post
    Looks good but I am considering the Testo 417. I kind of like the idea of having the vanes vs the hot wire.
    I use the testo 410-2, it works well and have hand no problems with it. I like how it measures humidity, temp and fpm

Post Likes

Post Likes
    A calculator and a measuring tape.

Most anemometers today have built in cfm conversion. However, you still need to know the duct size or free area of the grille.
    I use the FPM function often.
    Knowing the face velocity of vents is very important in trouble shooting issues.
    If you know what size vent you have, and are familiar with manual D, then knowing the velocity will give you the information you need.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in