Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You guys acts like women aren't already on the front lines. Women are on the front lines and have been for a while, they just have a different title. Combat support is it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    You guys acts like women aren't already on the front lines. Women are on the front lines and have been for a while, they just have a different title. Combat support is it I believe.
    Well that shouldn't be. They shouldn't be in any role outside the old WACs. A total of 8 women in the military died in Nam for the whole war out of the 58,151 who were killed in Nam and only one was killed due to enemy fire and that was from a rocket attack on a base hospital.

So spare me that story. Because they are in those units you mean we should put them more harms way and also hurt our fighting ability. Your "liberal" logic is flawed. BS they should only serve as they did in Nam, in the hospitals. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://www.virtualwall.org/women.htm
    Last edited by glennac; 01-28-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

What woman is going to be able to throw you over her shoulder and carry you out of harms way if you're wounded? What happens when they run out of tampons on the front line? What happens when they go into their woman hysterics while carrying an M4?

On the other hand, it may be the start of the new liberal army where all the women weigh over 200 lbs. and look like Rachael Maddaw.. If this be the case, then they don't need a weapon and can just demoralize their foes by looks alone.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Rape in the military: exposing the shocking truth

The groundbreaking film The Invisible War exposes the shocking level of sexual abuse against women in the US military.

He hit me across the left side of my face … and my face hurt so bad. He screamed at me and he grabbed my arm and he raped me."

Cioca is just one of the women interviewed in The Invisible War, a feature-length documentary that lifts the lid on the abuse of women in the US military...

The statistics revealed in The Invisible War, which won the audience award at this year's Sundance film festival, make shocking reading: a female soldier in combat zones is more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire, over 20% of female veterans have been sexually assaulted while serving in the US army, of 3,192 sexual-assault reports in 2011 only 191 members of the military were convicted at courts martial.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...shocking-truth

I would worry more of their fellow soldier than the enemy if I were them.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

Well that shouldn't be. They shouldn't be in any role outside the old WACs. A total of 8 women in the military died in Nam for the whole war out of the 58,151 who were killed in Nam and only one was killed due to enemy fire and that was from a rocket attack on a base hospital.

So spare me that story. Because they are in those units you mean we should put them more harms way and also hurt our fighting ability. Your "liberal" logic is flawed. BS they should only serve as they did in Nam, in the hospitals. Thank you, thank you very much.

http://www.virtualwall.org/women.htm
    So you are basing your ideal that women should stay out of combat, on a war that women did not fight in and we lost.....interesting.

So you are basing your ideal that women should stay out of combat, on a war that women did not fight in and we lost.....interesting.
    You are hilarious Student. We were wining but LBJ didn't want us to win so we dragged it out and the left and the hippies started all the protesting and the commie loving Dems in Congress made sure we pulled out and not support our allie S Vietnam and stopped all support by our military and cut off all supplies to S Vietnam. 90% of all the bombs were dropped in S Vietnam not North.

We could have hit them hard like Nixon tried to do but your commie loving Dems stopped him. We should have cut across Laos like the ARVNs tried to do after we pulled out of combat. That plus a blockade of both N Vietnam and Camboia would have ended the war with "Victory".

The commies didn't win in SVietnam they won with the Dems in Congress. You know 2 + 2 = 4 and it is all fact anyone can look it up. Why do you come up with this off the wall BS. Unbelievable. Women in combat as every common sense person knows would be a negative factor just like "open" gays in the military. You have never served that is for sure and lack common sense IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Reminds me of "Back to School" scene with Sam Kiniston. CLASSIC and right on point.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

You are hilarious Student. We were wining but LBJ didn't want us to win so we dragged it out and the left and the hippies started all the protesting and the commie loving Dems in Congress made sure we pulled out and not support our allie S Vietnam and stopped all support by our military and cut off all supplies to S Vietnam. 90% of all the bombs were dropped in S Vietnam not North.

We could have hit them hard like Nixon tried to do but your commie loving Dems stopped him. We should have cut across Laos like the ARVNs tried to do after we pulled out of combat. That plus a blockade of both N Vietnam and Camboia would have ended the war with "Victory".

The commies didn't win in SVietnam they won with the Dems in Congress. You know 2 + 2 = 4 and it is all fact anyone can look it up. Why do you come up with this off the wall BS. Unbelievable. Women in combat as every common sense person knows would be a negative factor just like "open" gays in the military. You have never served that is for sure and lack common sense IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by A Student View Post
    Glad you agree. Forgot to add that when Congress restricted our Military and started cutting off aid to S Vietnam the "Evil Empire" (Warsaw Pack, USSR, Red China, etc.) all jumped the aid to N Vietnam. An estimated 3 million laborers from Red China went into N Vietnam and worked the fields, maned the factors, etc. so a very high percentage of the male population outfitted themselves with uniforms, weapons, ammo, etc. from the Evil Empire and marched south and overrealmed the ARVNs and we were forced to stand by and watch. Don't you just love the commie loving Dems. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Another lesson from the Viet Nam war: The US increasingly carried the load for the ARVN to the point it became a joke. The ARVN got to the point they joined up for the free meals as long as they didn't have to fight. At the first shot they would scatter like chickens. You see, they became like a welfare state where someone else did all the hard work so they didn't have to. After awhile, they figured out they didn't have to do the heavy fighting since that's what the US was there for. Sound familiar?

Vietnamization became Nixon's policy after Tet. Yet the genie was already out of the bottle and it was a doomed effort. While correct in goal, it had no chance.

The generals and politicians blew that war while the troops, as usual were the only ones who did their jobs. When you look at all the crap going on with the anti-war protests, the commies and the hippies, growing debt and inflation, its is a testament to the troops they were able to keep it together and do the job they did, even when they were often handcuffed by ridiculous rules of engagement.

The "De-Militarized Zone" was a Viet Nam version of a "gun-free" zone. It was chocked full of commie troops, weapons, supplies and command and control centers because we for the most part, played by the rules and stayed out offering them a safe haven. Totally absurd. I would have encouraged the enemy to occupy this zone then carpet bombed it with "daisy cutters" all the way across Nam and Laos.

We went into Cambodia and removed much of the local North Vietnamese commies then backed out with nothing for control. The result? The Kmer Rouge commies committed genocide killing an estimated 2-3 million. More gun control and more fruits of Karl Marx.

Well if there is an "ongoing" war/conflict nearing the end of this CIC's 2nd term then because of last year's Executive order and i think Congress passed it that he could remain onboard for 6 more months for the ongoing war[say with North Korea or Iran]. it is bad enough to guess a 3rd term is possible and then there's the possibility then Joe Biden would carry on B.O.'s agenga which is basically over the Founding Fathers' written consititions more than 200 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Another lesson from the Viet Nam war: The US increasingly carried the load for the ARVN to the point it became a joke. The ARVN got to the point they joined up for the free meals as long as they didn't have to fight. At the first shot they would scatter like chickens. You see, they became like a welfare state where someone else did all the hard work so they didn't have to. After awhile, they figured out they didn't have to do the heavy fighting since that's what the US was there for. Sound familiar?

Vietnamization became Nixon's policy after Tet. Yet the genie was already out of the bottle and it was a doomed effort. While correct in goal, it had no chance.

The generals and politicians blew that war while the troops, as usual were the only ones who did their jobs. When you look at all the crap going on with the anti-war protests, the commies and the hippies, growing debt and inflation, its is a testament to the troops they were able to keep it together and do the job they did, even when they were often handcuffed by ridiculous rules of engagement.

The "De-Militarized Zone" was a Viet Nam version of a "gun-free" zone. It was chocked full of commie troops, weapons, supplies and command and control centers because we for the most part, played by the rules and stayed out offering them a safe haven. Totally absurd. I would have encouraged the enemy to occupy this zone then carpet bombed it with "daisy cutters" all the way across Nam and Laos.

We went into Cambodia and removed much of the local North Vietnamese commies then backed out with nothing for control. The result? The Kmer Rouge commies committed genocide killing an estimated 2-3 million. More gun control and more fruits of Karl Marx.
    Can't argue you with you much there Hearthman except I can explain a little from my prospective having had joint operations with both ARVN INF. & CAV troops 19 months from 2/69 - 9/70.

During shearch and destroy operations we would have to check out the bunkers and tunnels and the ARVNs wouldn't go in them only we would (we didn't have designated "tunnel rats" we all just took our turn being more fair that way, lost Platoon Sgt Gentile to a bubby trap in the Iron Triangle tunnel).

The ARVNs would ask us how long we have to serve in Nam and then they would tell us they were in the Army till they were killed or if lucky to the end of the war. So they had no desire to push their luck. It's there country but you couldn't force them. Some ARVNs could speak a little English and we had a French Canadian citizen in our unit who joined the Army. We had to help him with English but he could talk to some of the older French speaking ARVNs and village chiefs). Never had a boring day there in the 11th Armored Cav.

Anyhow most weren't motivated and there were cases in a tense fire fight the NVA would holler to throw your guns down we just want the MACV Advisor and several advisers were lost that way. To be fair we talked with the advisers for the units we worked with and one from a ranger unit said that they were good troops but most weren't.

You would have liked it I think Hearthman that is as long as you weren't married. Anyhow I liked your take on the scene and figured I'd add a little to it. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

If you think the VN war was lost because women were not in combat.... Your fellow forum-freinds need to unscrew your cranium top and find/remove the mouse. For fun, we could call it a "SEEK AND DESTROY MISSION". That's just me, the other guy's wont agree. I do mice and rats sort of humorously. SUMARI RAT SLAYER. Mouse Sniper Elite, .22 edition. Of course I have video games, but they have limited replay value.

Glennac is actually an American hero, he will deny that, but he is in fact. He put his boots on the ground to protect yours and mine butts.

As a practical issue, I do not want women in combat. Women are inherently weak physically and emotionally. Men are inherently protective, situation where strong becomes protectors of the protectors of the weak on the front. That is not the way the military works best, they have objectives. No tampon runs.
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 01-28-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast