Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Just a thought I had, maybe not the right place to interject it but I will anyway. Some of you have a few more years life experience than I so you may be able to shed more light on it.

It occurs to me that the Hippies of the 60's & 70"s have grown up {not necessarilly matured} and taken over the country. Their movement was all about what feels good, damn the consequences. Sex, drugs, and rock n roll was the cry of the day. Free love and communal living. Share what you have take what you need. How far is that from where we are now. Let the government provide what we need. Legalize Marijuana, have sex with who ever you want, get an abortion if a baby is made. Peace, love, flower power, who needs a gun man.

The movement didn't die, it just went underground and slowly festered into the world we face today. Look at ssome of our leaders and tell me they wern't part of the Hippie movement way back. Sure, many if not most of the origionals have past on, but what of their followers, they would have been coming of age in the late 90's, early 2000"s.

Like I said just a thought, but it does explain some things.

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    Just a thought I had, maybe not the right place to interject it but I will anyway. Some of you have a few more years life experience than I so you may be able to shed more light on it.

It occurs to me that the Hippies of the 60's & 70"s have grown up {not necessarilly matured} and taken over the country. Their movement was all about what feels good, damn the consequences. Sex, drugs, and rock n roll was the cry of the day. Free love and communal living. Share what you have take what you need. How far is that from where we are now. Let the government provide what we need. Legalize Marijuana, have sex with who ever you want, get an abortion if a baby is made. Peace, love, flower power, who needs a gun man.

The movement didn't die, it just went underground and slowly festered into the world we face today. Look at ssome of our leaders and tell me they wern't part of the Hippie movement way back. Sure, many if not most of the origionals have past on, but what of their followers, they would have been coming of age in the late 90's, early 2000"s.

Like I said just a thought, but it does explain some things.
    Yeah you touched on part of the problem there kls but not all. Let me just say not all of America's youth back then bought into the hippie burn American flag commie movement. Some of us couldn't stand them and wanted to knock them silly like those of us who were fighting the commies in Nam.

Anyhow LBJ also gave America a poison pill so to speak by doing away with the quota system for immigration where 90% of all immigrants were from Northern Europe and limited immigration from Asia, Central and South America and Africa to just around a couple thousand a year. That was based on the ethnic population of the US in 1911. This kept the 3rd world and most non Christians out.

The second thing he did was set up the "Great Society" with welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, Medicare, Affirmative Action, etc. and made sure we lost in Nam when we were wining and elimnated literacy tests to qualify to vote. That was the poison he gave to America to insure that our way of life would be destroyed and now we are seeing it happen. A majority of folks voting for a Marxist alien anti American for the second term and the increased destruction of our military first gays being allowed openly and now women in combat. I have little hope that we can recover. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 01-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Just wondering if we subtracted the Iraq war and medicare part d and the Bush tax cuts off the U.S credit card where exactly the deficit would be...Just wondering is all...

Also while were at it lets remove the effects of bushes approval of lowering morgages lending requirements so everyone can be a home owner . I believe this was a green light to the morgage industry and led the way to the mess that obama inherited when he took office .

Some of you guys really need to find the correct comic books to get your facts from. Clinton started the Community Re-Investment Act where his thug AG Janet Reno threatened CEOs of banks to either knowingly make bad loans to minorities buying housing or go to jail. When the Republicans tried in open televised Cmte to inquire about Fanny/ Freddie's roles in this mess, Barney Frank and Maxipad Waters cut them off and reassured Congress there was no need for oversight.

Medicare Part D was a very liberal move by a very Leftist "republican" trying to reach across the aisle and be perceived as more caring since the Left tried to hang that millstone around the necks of conservatives. You see what reaching across the aisle got him? He moves like a liberal and gets bashed for it as though the Left thinks expanding government and turning all the elderly into federal junkies is bad. They wrote the book on that move!

The Bush tax cuts held in check a deepening of our debt to some extent. Yes, the wars cost money but if you drill down and see the costs, it was an inflation of other government during this time so the war would be the scapegoat for bloating the gov't.

If you really want to know why we're in the toilet, take 35 minutes and watch this. I'm sure it will cause the heads of all you atheist here to explode:

Privately owned banks were not forced to do anything...... they jumped at the chance to get on that bandwagon.....

That soots gone to your brain.....
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Some of you guys really need to find the correct comic books to get your facts from. Clinton started the Community Re-Investment Act where his thug AG Janet Reno threatened CEOs of banks to either knowingly make bad loans to minorities buying housing or go to jail. When the Republicans tried in open televised Cmte to inquire about Fanny/ Freddie's roles in this mess, Barney Frank and Maxipad Waters cut them off and reassured Congress there was no need for oversight.

Medicare Part D was a very liberal move by a very Leftist "republican" trying to reach across the aisle and be perceived as more caring since the Left tried to hang that millstone around the necks of conservatives. You see what reaching across the aisle got him? He moves like a liberal and gets bashed for it as though the Left thinks expanding government and turning all the elderly into federal junkies is bad. They wrote the book on that move!

The Bush tax cuts held in check a deepening of our debt to some extent. Yes, the wars cost money but if you drill down and see the costs, it was an inflation of other government during this time so the war would be the scapegoat for bloating the gov't.

If you really want to know why we're in the toilet, take 35 minutes and watch this. I'm sure it will cause the heads of all you atheist here to explode:
    Community Re-Investment Act was started by carter in 1977.

Me to America.....

You so crazy........
    "I believe this is a sovereign state of Nevada, I abide by all of Nevada state laws. But I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Subject: The ridiculous story of Kim Jung Un

Kim Jung Un had NO military experience whatsoever before Daddy made him a four-star general. This snot-nosed twerp had never accomplished anything in his life that would even come close to military leadership. He hadn't even so much as led a Cub Scout troop, coached a sports team, or commanded a military platoon. So now he is made the "Beloved Leader" of North Korea. Terrific!

Oh shoot! I'm sorry. I just remembered that we did the same thing. We took an arrogant community organizer,a Marxist and anti-American, who had never worn a uniform, and made him Commander-in-Chief. A guy, who had never had a real job, worked on a budget, or led anything more than an ACORN demonstration, and we made him President of the United States - - - - TWICE !!!

I'm sorry I brought this up. Never mind. Mistakes happen.
    Thank you, thank you very much

Great post Glenn, resident commies here will be seething though, they hate exposure. Two thumbs up.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

In America its not what you know...but who you know.....

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    In America its not what you know...but who you know.....
    True....it happens everywhere in America.

So this is the liberal rational...if one president sucks, its ok if the next one sucks twice as bad? You people a seriously phuked dup!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    So this is the liberal rational...if one president sucks, its ok if the next one sucks twice as bad? You people a seriously phuked dup!
    Actually I see the result of your last two election as being the lesser of evils. Obama one the first time as the people did not like the bunch that you had in at the time. The second win was because the Republicans could not show they were the better alternative. But did we not hash this all out a few months ago?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast