Just a thought I had, maybe not the right place to interject it but I will anyway. Some of you have a few more years life experience than I so you may be able to shed more light on it.

It occurs to me that the Hippies of the 60's & 70"s have grown up {not necessarilly matured} and taken over the country. Their movement was all about what feels good, damn the consequences. Sex, drugs, and rock n roll was the cry of the day. Free love and communal living. Share what you have take what you need. How far is that from where we are now. Let the government provide what we need. Legalize Marijuana, have sex with who ever you want, get an abortion if a baby is made. Peace, love, flower power, who needs a gun man.

The movement didn't die, it just went underground and slowly festered into the world we face today. Look at ssome of our leaders and tell me they wern't part of the Hippie movement way back. Sure, many if not most of the origionals have past on, but what of their followers, they would have been coming of age in the late 90's, early 2000"s.

Like I said just a thought, but it does explain some things.