Thread: AC Was Repaired...Now Heating Isn't Working Properly

Post Likes

AC Was Repaired...Now Heating Isn't Working Properly

To give some background, I live in Jacksonville, FL and have a Carrier FA4BNF036 system. We were having problems with our AC not cooling properly and it was determined that our accumulator was leaking and needed to be replaced and the system recharged with R22. That was completed a few days ago, but now I'm noticing that the heating isn't working properly. We set our heat to 70 at night and the other morning it was showing 66 in the house with the auxillary heat running. This morning it was showing 68 in the house with the heat constantly running. The temperatures haven't been that cold over the last few nights (in the 40's) so it doesn't make sense to me that the heat isn't able to keep up. The repair company is supposed to be coming back out, but could this at all be related? I want to be at least somewhat knowledgeable when they come back and want to make sure that I'm not charged for something that might have been there error. Thanks for the help!

Post Likes
    That's a tough call. Hopefully its a honest tech that will stand behind his work if it was a mistake on his part.

Let us know what he finds out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    That's a tough call. Hopefully its a honest tech that will stand behind his work if it was a mistake on his part.

Let us know what he finds out.
    Do you think it could be related to the repair that was done? Or is this most likely a completely separate issue?

Post Likes
    There is no way to tell but keep us informed please.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    There is no way to tell but keep us informed please.
    The repair company is coming back out tomorrow to take a look. I will let you guys know what they say.

Am I right though in assuming that my system should be able to keep the house at 70 degrees when the outside temperature is in the 40s?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo807 View Post
    The repair company is coming back out tomorrow to take a look. I will let you guys know what they say.

Am I right though in assuming that my system should be able to keep the house at 70 degrees when the outside temperature is in the 40s?
    Yes, any properly sized and working heat pump should have no trouble maintaining 70 deg inside when it's in the 40's outside with no use of auxiliary heat. Have you owned the house long enough to know how it heated in the past?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Yes, any properly sized and working heat pump should have no trouble maintaining 70 deg inside when it's in the 40's outside with no use of auxiliary heat. Have you owned the house long enough to know how it heated in the past?
    We have owned the house for 4 years without a heating issue. The house is about 8.5 years old. We have had issues with low R22 for the AC about three times and this last time they finally replaced the accumulator instead of just recharging the system and hoping for the best. We didn't notice a heating issue until after the repairs were completed to the AC on Tuesday.

Post Likes
    Is this straight AC or a heat pump?
    A good HVAC tech knows how, an educated HVAC tech knows why!

DEM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heaterman View Post
    Is this straight AC or a heat pump?
    I believe I have a heat pump

Post Likes
    The repair company came out this morning (and will be coming back again this afternoon). The technician thinks our system might still be a little low on R22 and our thermostat needs to be replaced. The fan and outside unit would run when the aux heat was on, but once the temperature difference was 2 degrees, the fan would shut off and the outside unit would continue to run. The technician said the thermostat we have isn't made for a heat pump (even though it has a "jumper" cable to allow for a heat pump). Does all of that seem legit? The guy was there close to two hours testing everything out.

Post Likes
    have them replace the stat with the understaning if it dont fix the problem you dont want it, also sounds like they did not put in the proper amount of refrigerant.

Post Likes
    if the outdoor unit was a builder grade unit probably should have replaced the complete system as those air handlers were bad about the evap coils leaking

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in