Trouble with CM Tranquility 27

Trouble with CM Tranquility 27

In May 2010 we had Tranquility 27 installed (TTV049) 4 ton unit with 2 stage compressor, variable speed blower and domestic hot water generator along with CM AGL 15 heat pack and ATP32U03 t-stat and AFCG2B1 flow center. The unit worked like a champ until about a month ago I noticed it seemed less efficient and sure enough last electric bill came in 16% higher despite only 1 degree F difference for the month. Now as we've headed in to deep freeze here in Pennsylvania with night time temps 5-7 degrees F and day time only 20 or so the unit cannot even maintain 65 F inside without engaging auxiliary every 30-40 minutes. It never did this before and 2 years ago it was just about as cold. The installer came out today and all I can tell he did was turned OFF the smart heat staging I had set to 50 minutes because AUX was coming on so much. Now AUX wants to run frequently.
    We've got 2 300' wells with total 600 feet closed loop. I need to know what questions to be asking the installer to make sure this is properly addressed. Our old conventional air source heat pump never kicked in to AUX so much and geo-t is suppose to be so much more efficient. We have a full, completed basement, unheated with R-19 insulation and temp down there at this time maintains 52 degrees F without any heat. Total house size that is heated is 2170 sq feet, wall ins is R-19 and roof is R-38. Also the installer is no longer listed on ClimateMasters web page when I search for authorized dealers. what sort of problems might that present if warranty service is needed? T-stat is set to proportional integral, anticipator setting is at default 3. Lastly, I no longer see Tranquility 27 listed on CM's web page. Have they stopped manufacturing it because of problems?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie M View Post
    In May 2010 we had Tranquility 27 installed (TTV049) 4 ton unit with 2 stage compressor, variable speed blower and domestic hot water generator along with CM AGL 15 heat pack and ATP32U03 t-stat and AFCG2B1 flow center. The unit worked like a champ until about a month ago I noticed it seemed less efficient and sure enough last electric bill came in 16% higher despite only 1 degree F difference for the month. Now as we've headed in to deep freeze here in Pennsylvania with night time temps 5-7 degrees F and day time only 20 or so the unit cannot even maintain 65 F inside without engaging auxiliary every 30-40 minutes. It never did this before and 2 years ago it was just about as cold. The installer came out today and all I can tell he did was turned OFF the smart heat staging I had set to 50 minutes because AUX was coming on so much. Now AUX wants to run frequently.
    We've got 2 300' wells with total 600 feet closed loop. I need to know what questions to be asking the installer to make sure this is properly addressed. Our old conventional air source heat pump never kicked in to AUX so much and geo-t is suppose to be so much more efficient. We have a full, completed basement, unheated with R-19 insulation and temp down there at this time maintains 52 degrees F without any heat. Total house size that is heated is 2170 sq feet, wall ins is R-19 and roof is R-38. Also the installer is no longer listed on ClimateMasters web page when I search for authorized dealers. what sort of problems might that present if warranty service is needed? T-stat is set to proportional integral, anticipator setting is at default 3. Lastly, I no longer see Tranquility 27 listed on CM's web page. Have they stopped manufacturing it because of problems?
    Thanks
    Got my own answer. Had installer out for second time and they tell me there is a small leak in the coil and it will be replaced under warranty.