Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacing Heat Pump, advice needed

Post Likes
    3A is a very nice system and the one I would recommend over the 2 you listed.

You might save a few bucks with the GAM5 high eff air handler but not var speed.

What size heat strip did dealer quote?

Very surprised these Trane systems are less expensive than the Carrier Comfort 13 system I suggested.

The Ext warranty reduces your risk but comes with a cost usually about 10% of purchase price.

IMO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    3A is a very nice system and the one I would recommend over the 2 you listed.

You might save a few bucks with the GAM5 high eff air handler but not var speed.

What size heat strip did dealer quote?
    So far every dealer has quoted a 10kw heat strip.

Very surprised these Trane systems are less expensive than the Carrier Comfort 13 system I suggested.
    I only said the Trane prices were reasonable--I looked up approx. wholesale price range online--whether it is more expensive or not seems to depend on who is doing the quote.

If we get 3B we can afford the vent/duct upgrades we need and the whole house humidifier my husband apparently has wanted for years and years and I just discovered, and possibly the warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in