+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tridium to iLon integration

Post Likes

Tridium to iLon integration

In the process of installing a new Tridium/Distech control system in a small campus project and part of the project involves integrating a few Invensys buildings into the system. For the small buildings with a few Microzone 2 controllers and a GCM, we just replaced the the MZ's with a new Jace and ECB controllers. One of the larger buildings has a dozen MZ's and a GCM which we plan on installing a new Jace with the Maxline ASD driver and recreating the global control logic in the Jace. The newest building (2 years old) is full of LON devices and iLon 600 controllers which report back to the Wonderware front-end.

I am looking for the best way to integrate the LON network into the Tridium AX without touching the existing bindings or front end.

Looked at the LON IP driver but was told by another vendor I know with much more LON experience to simple install a Jace with LON and learn (Not discover) the network. Need to write to setpoints, and would like to access the schedules.

Thanks

Post Likes

Ilon

Quote Originally Posted by krac View Post
    In the process of installing a new Tridium/Distech control system in a small campus project and part of the project involves integrating a few Invensys buildings into the system. For the small buildings with a few Microzone 2 controllers and a GCM, we just replaced the the MZ's with a new Jace and ECB controllers. One of the larger buildings has a dozen MZ's and a GCM which we plan on installing a new Jace with the Maxline ASD driver and recreating the global control logic in the Jace. The newest building (2 years old) is full of LON devices and iLon 600 controllers which report back to the Wonderware front-end.

I am looking for the best way to integrate the LON network into the Tridium AX without touching the existing bindings or front end.

Looked at the LON IP driver but was told by another vendor I know with much more LON experience to simple install a Jace with LON and learn (Not discover) the network. Need to write to setpoints, and would like to access the schedules.

Thanks
    Just use the LonIP Network.

G

Post Likes
    Other then the IP address what information do I need from the iLon 600, in order to connect? I have one of the iLon's and an MZ2 we removed setup in my office to play with, but have been unable to connect with the MZ using LON, or to the iLON using LONIP.

The site I am working on has a workstation that I can see is setup as the configuration server for the four iLon's. Don't fully understand the LON IP world, so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by krac View Post
    Other then the IP address what information do I need from the iLon 600, in order to connect? I have one of the iLon's and an MZ2 we removed setup in my office to play with, but have been unable to connect with the MZ using LON, or to the iLON using LONIP.

The site I am working on has a workstation that I can see is setup as the configuration server for the four iLon's. Don't fully understand the LON IP world, so any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Not sure if applies to the jace world but in lon each IP852 device gets added to the configuration server as a channel member. I'm wondering if you need to add the jace to the lon network as a IP device and put it on it's own channel.

Just a thought.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in