+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York YLAA0070 Chiller Compressor Problems

Post Likes

York YLAA0070 Chiller Compressor Problems

We had a York 70 ton chiller installed on a closed loop chilled water system about two years ago at my plant. This chiller has a total of two circuits and each circuit has three compressors. Within the first six months we lost two compressors and JCI came out and warrantied the compressors. Now a little over a year and half later one of the same compressors is bad again along with a new one. I am just curious if there is any precautions we should take before throwing a lot more money into the system and getting two new replacement compressors. We only had a one year warranty so the bill is on us now.

Post Likes
    what caused the failures? how many starts and run hours on each compressor? application? got a complete log sheet?
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in