Hmm Connecting Metasys to 2 new Weil Mclain Ultra 750's

Hi,

I am new to BMS and have been tasked with upgrading from 2 Cleaverbrooks oil burners to Weil Mclain Ultra 750's.

The installation is complete and fired the units up this morning.

Now I need to tie them into the BMS.

I am running and old metasys system hyper terminal 5.1 to control the facility.

What I am looking to do is wire the new WM boilers into the existing metasys.

I am also planning to upgrade to an NAE should I do that first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

www.paladincenter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paladincenter View Post
    Hi,

I am new to BMS and have been tasked with upgrading from 2 Cleaverbrooks oil burners to Weil Mclain Ultra 750's.

The installation is complete and fired the units up this morning.

Now I need to tie them into the BMS.

I am running and old metasys system hyper terminal 5.1 to control the facility.

What I am looking to do is wire the new WM boilers into the existing metasys.

I am also planning to upgrade to an NAE should I do that first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

www.paladincenter.com
    I am controlling 4 ultras from a metasys UNT1144-0 It has 4 0-10vdc outputs which we use to control the firing rate of each boiler. We also monitor the alarm contact on each boiler so the EMS can know if a boiler is locked out.

The building headend controller is an FX-60 which works well with all of the N2 bus devices we have. There is a default program in the UNT to control the boilers with outdoor air reset, but we wrote some custom control objects in the FX that do a better job of deciding how many boilers to run and which ones have the least hours on them.

One of the problems I've seen with running boilers by which one has the least amount of hours is during a download. Then all the hours ar set to zero and system doesn't know what to do. I've always put a command to select boilers if all the hours are the same.