Thread: Magic Chef not working properly

Post Likes

Magic Chef not working properly

I live in a condo and have a magic chef ac/heater in unit. The unit is about 4 years old. I have notice that the air coming out of the vents is not warm at all. seems to be blowing room temperature air. I took off the front cover to see if I can feel any heat. It was blowing heat. It was blowing heat like your car does, so I dont know if that is warm enough. but everything out of every vent is not warm at all. anybody know what the problem could be. Thanks for the help

Post Likes
    We cannot assist in DIY repairs. Make sure you have a clean air filter. Then turn power to unit off and back on again. It'll reset the control. If still does not work, call a professional and have it repaired.

Post Likes
    This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 01-23-2013 at 05:54 AM. Reason: non AOP member

Post Likes
    Im not trying to fix this myself. I just want to know how hot is the air supposed to be coming out of the furnace. I dont think I should be able to stick my hand in where the air blows cause it should be hot. it has been really cold here like 4 degrees. just sitting here freezing

Post Likes
    About 30 to 60 degrees warmer than the air going into the furnace. I.E. if your apartment is 60, you should get 90 to 120 coming from the registers after 10 minutes of operation. That is with a gas furnace. If you've got a heat pump, it'll not be that warm. You'll blow air that is 10 to 30 degrees warmer than incoming air depending on the temp. outside. Is the thermostat setting being satisfied?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    About 30 to 60 degrees warmer than the air going into the furnace. I.E. if your apartment is 60, you should get 90 to 120 coming from the registers after 10 minutes of operation. That is with a gas furnace. If you've got a heat pump, it'll not be that warm. You'll blow air that is 10 to 30 degrees warmer than incoming air depending on the temp. outside. Is the thermostat setting being satisfied?
    Its a electric heater. Its been in the teens here for the last couple days and the furnace will just run all day and night if I leave it on 70. even when it is 30-40s it will not come out hot but it will shut off if I have it at 72.

My buddy said it might be the ducts getting cold. since my ducts run across the exterior of the house. but its not really that warm even when its not that cold out. It also seems my electric is not high like it usually is during winter

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in