+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next refrigerant to replace 404a

Post Likes

Next refrigerant to replace 404a

Anyone hearing any scuttlebut on this? Any info would be generously accepted, thanks!

Post Likes
    Last I heard 404a was considered a long term refrigerant.

Post Likes
    Of course they would get rid of it, it's a good widely used refrigerant. Only makes sense to get rid of it.

On a serious note, I had heard some rumblings about that but I have no solid info.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=ryan1088;15051411]Of course they would get rid of it, it's a good widely used refrigerant. Only makes sense to get rid of it.

Did the patent run out ? Oh ya that was DuPont sorry.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE=VTP99;15051461]
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Of course they would get rid of it, it's a good widely used refrigerant. Only makes sense to get rid of it.

Did the patent run out ? Oh ya that was DuPont sorry.
    Or admit how toxic it is to the ozone...where have we heard that before? Ha!

Post Likes
    I heard they are targeting it in Europe because it has a high GWP (global warming potential). I had the question posed by a produce warehouse customer who has an aging R22 skid that blew a 1 3/8 discharge vibrasorb this fall. Lost 1100 lbs of R22 and wasn't real happy. I am trying to sell him on R404A but he's afraid the same will happen as R22. I figure that about 6 months after I get him to install the R404A unit, the EPA will announce their terminate date. DuPont has a spy watching me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    Lost 1100 lbs of R22 and wasn't real happy.

Post Likes
    I heard they are targeting it in Europe because it has a high GWP (global warming potential). I had the question posed by a produce warehouse customer who has an aging R22 skid that blew a 1 3/8 discharge vibrasorb this fall. Lost 1100 lbs of R22 and wasn't real happy. I am trying to sell him on R404A but he's afraid the same will happen as R22. I figure that about 6 months after I get him to install the R404A unit, the EPA will announce their terminate date. DuPont has a spy watching me.
    I've heard the same thing about it being phased out due to high GWP ratings a few months ago by a local supplier

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mjm88 View Post
    I've heard the same thing about it being phased out due to high GWP ratings a few months ago by a local supplier
    If they come up with one more refrigerant for stock on my truck !!!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Haha we'll have to start pulling trailers

Post Likes
    R407F is the future!

I know people will tell ya it's 407A & 407C.

But 407F is the bees knees.

Post Likes
    404 does have a phase out date can't remember when it is , but when I get to my office I will post it....
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Post Likes
    Yes r407f starting to be put into medium temp racks here .R407A ,C & F all made up of the same 3 gases just different percentages (R32,R125,R134A)

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post

On a serious note, I had heard some rumblings about that but I have no solid info.

Profits must be down at the almighty Dupont
    Outlaw guns? only outlaws will have guns
    Those who live by the sword are SHOT by us who don't.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the link PL. I wonder how long they will keep it European? I sure hope they don't develop something different to run parallel here in the US, but I guess it all comes down to money and gov't pressure. Maybe they want the Brits to run the bugs out before intro here... Anyone using or have experience with 407F?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coldjoe View Post
    Yes r407f starting to be put into medium temp racks here .R407A ,C & F all made up of the same 3 gases just different percentages (R32,R125,R134A)
    Have you had any experience with this stuff?

Post Likes
    Thanks for the link PL. I wonder how long they will keep it European? I sure hope they don't develop something different to run parallel here in the US, but I guess it all comes down to money and gov't pressure. Maybe they want the Brits to run the bugs out before intro here... Anyone using or have experience with 407F?
    It's here now, I've used it, it's in my van.

One of our chain customers requirements is we use R407F on R22 systems that have lost its charge.

Post Likes
    Thanks very much. I have a million more questions, but I'll do some research first.

Post Likes

R407C

Thanks very much. I have a million more questions, but I'll do some research first.
    , POE only gas (R407C) , I just retrofitted a Walk in cooler with it , So far so good
    seems somewhat stable. we shall see.
    Outlaw guns? only outlaws will have guns
    Those who live by the sword are SHOT by us who don't.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in