Next refrigerant to replace 404a
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Next refrigerant to replace 404a

Anyone hearing any scuttlebut on this? Any info would be generously accepted, thanks!

Last I heard 404a was considered a long term refrigerant.

Of course they would get rid of it, it's a good widely used refrigerant. Only makes sense to get rid of it.

On a serious note, I had heard some rumblings about that but I have no solid info.

[QUOTE=ryan1088;15051411]Of course they would get rid of it, it's a good widely used refrigerant. Only makes sense to get rid of it.

Did the patent run out ? Oh ya that was DuPont sorry.

[QUOTE=VTP99;15051461]
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Of course they would get rid of it, it's a good widely used refrigerant. Only makes sense to get rid of it.

Did the patent run out ? Oh ya that was DuPont sorry.
    Or admit how toxic it is to the ozone...where have we heard that before? Ha!

I heard they are targeting it in Europe because it has a high GWP (global warming potential). I had the question posed by a produce warehouse customer who has an aging R22 skid that blew a 1 3/8 discharge vibrasorb this fall. Lost 1100 lbs of R22 and wasn't real happy. I am trying to sell him on R404A but he's afraid the same will happen as R22. I figure that about 6 months after I get him to install the R404A unit, the EPA will announce their terminate date. DuPont has a spy watching me.

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    Lost 1100 lbs of R22 and wasn't real happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Helioson View Post
    I heard they are targeting it in Europe because it has a high GWP (global warming potential). I had the question posed by a produce warehouse customer who has an aging R22 skid that blew a 1 3/8 discharge vibrasorb this fall. Lost 1100 lbs of R22 and wasn't real happy. I am trying to sell him on R404A but he's afraid the same will happen as R22. I figure that about 6 months after I get him to install the R404A unit, the EPA will announce their terminate date. DuPont has a spy watching me.
    I've heard the same thing about it being phased out due to high GWP ratings a few months ago by a local supplier

Quote Originally Posted by mjm88 View Post
    I've heard the same thing about it being phased out due to high GWP ratings a few months ago by a local supplier
    If they come up with one more refrigerant for stock on my truck !!!!!!!!!

Haha we'll have to start pulling trailers

R407F is the future!

I know people will tell ya it's 407A & 407C.

But 407F is the bees knees.

404 does have a phase out date can't remember when it is , but when I get to my office I will post it....
    Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit!

Yes r407f starting to be put into medium temp racks here .R407A ,C & F all made up of the same 3 gases just different percentages (R32,R125,R134A)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast