Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Gordon Piatt Burner Experts...

Guys im having intermittent Pilot flame failures.. on a Model R burner with H-F4S Gas/Oil System

If there are any experts out there please reply. THere is absolutely no information on this burner as far as design gas pressure etc. Any one know the normal G.P.? Currently Im running about 3.0"w.c.

THanks
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

I got a lot of old stuff on them. But don't want to post it in an open forum. Email me or start this thread in the Pro Oil Burner Section.

What flame safeguard are you dealing with? Whats the flame signal diring pilot and after the main flame starts?

here a site for the manuals, http://www.gordonpiattparts.com/manuals.htm
    what kid of burner control?7800? whats the flame signal? infrared scanner?

I already printed the manual and have it. I just installed a Honeywell 7840 Programmer to replace the Cam style that was on there this past week. That is how I figured out when it failed. It is a UV Scanner.. The flame signal is steady at 5 volts every time it starts. Does not fluctuate at all.

Me Plumber my email is in my profile if you dont my sending me what you have.. Thank you.

Anyone really familiar with these? What do you usually see in regards to Pilot G.P.?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    I already printed the manual and have it. I just installed a Honeywell 7840 Programmer to replace the Cam style that was on there this past week. That is how I figured out when it failed. It is a UV Scanner.. The flame signal is steady at 5 volts every time it starts. Does not fluctuate at all.

Me Plumber my email is in my profile if you dont my sending me what you have.. Thank you.

Anyone really familiar with these? What do you usually see in regards to Pilot G.P.?
    you got your mind set on the gas pressure and that's not relevant, with 7800's the pilot gas pressure is adjusted to the peak pilot flame signal with main burner off. fool the scanner after the pilot lights and take a peak through the scanner port.
    I have worked in on a crap load of of GP, guess that qualifies me as "really familiar"

I will send you what I have, but valdeloc is right. GP for the pilot is set to flame signal rectification strength. I would start by keeping it simple. Are you sure you are getting a strong spark every time you call for pilot? Check your electrode and gap, see if you have a failing transformer. I chased a Powerflame doing the same thing for a while. Turned out to be a cracked ignitor porcelain. Duh.

Good Luck.

I have a new igniter installed. Gap and adjustment set properly. There is good spark every time I seen it light.

Valdelocc i have 5vdc as low as 2" w.c. With just the pilot light. It was adjust at 3 before I started working on it. I lowered it to 2.5 and it still locked out... That's why I was asking. Looking for a normal range you normally see on them.

I have a new igniter installed. Gap and adjustment set properly. There is good spark every time I seen it light.

Valdelocc i have 5vdc as low as 2" w.c. With just the pilot light. It was adjust at 3 before I started working on it. I lowered it to 2.5 and it still locked out... That's why I was asking. Looking for a normal range you normally see on them.
    are you reading the flame signal of the pilot only, before the main burner fires? with the 216C pilot (the ones with the square end ignitor) the gas pressure ranges from 2" to 3", with a pilot air pickup tube static of .35".

My pilot air pickup tube pressure is over 2" with the pilot light. What do you think about that?? I drilled a small hole and held a rubber hose to it..

The generic iom I have only says must be more then .35...

My pilot air pickup tube pressure is over 2" with the pilot light. What do you think about that?? I drilled a small hole and held a rubber hose to it..

The generic iom I have only says must be more then .35...
    whats the air damper position during PTFI? is there any oil circulating?

Name:  gp.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  31.1 KBName:  gp1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  33.2 KB

I dont drill holes to measure pilot static, I took the measurement today during boiler PM, the gas pressure was 2" and pilot static 3.5, that unit runs like a champ!

Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Name:  gp.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  31.1 KBName:  gp1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  33.2 KB

I dont drill holes to measure pilot static, I took the measurement today during boiler PM, the gas pressure was 2" and pilot static .35, that unit runs like a champ!
    pilot pressure reading taken where? in the pilot gas line? that reading was taken in the actual air line feeding the pilot..\

the reading in the gas line is 1".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast