Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help with trane vfd

I can't figure out how to get the percentage back to 100 percent on this vfd in auto mode or hand mode. Any help appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Is the motor running now? It says the motor is drawing 5.8 amps. The motor is either running or you have the DC hold/preheat enabled. It says "running" at the bottom, and that generally means that the safety circuits are satisfied and the drive needs to see an increase signal before it will change speed. You may need to check the analog input to the drive. It looks like the drive has only a 10% reference signal to run on and that 10% reference may be below the minimum reference that corresponds to the minimum frequency, whatever that is set for.

If the motor is running, then line 2 of the display is showing you something other than output percentage and you need to scroll up or down at the main screen to display the output frequency or percentage.

All of these can be programmed to show different data on the main screen, but the default programming displays the reference in the top left, motor amperage at top center, and motor kw and direction of rotation in the top right. Lines 2 and 3 typically show motor output frequency in percentage of maximum and total motor kwh.

I like to set mine up to display actual reference in mA or VDC, motor amps, motor volts, frequency in hz, and motor running hours
    Last edited by Tech Rob; 02-06-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Okay will check analog inputs, also I can only turn supply fan on and off from my computer bas I cannot control the percentage like on some other vfds i have.

Is the motor running?

Sounds like you don't even have an analog input and you just have a constant volume, start/stop, all or nothing type of setup. If that's the case, then you can ignore the analog inputs and just try scrolling up and down through the main screen until you find your output frequency.

The vfd has a voltage reading of 667 volts input now My true input vlts are 470 at the starter, and the other vfds are recording the proper voltages. I'm wondering if this volt reading may be the source of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    The vfd has a voltage reading of 667 volts input now My true input vlts are 470 at the starter, and the other vfds are recording the proper voltages. I'm wondering if this volt reading may be the source of the issue.
    I'd say that's highly unlikely. You may be looking at the DC bus voltage. The DC bus should be 1.43 times whatever your input voltage is. 667 / 1.43 = 466.7

Okay the motor is running at ten percent only, yes 5.6 amps motor usually operates at 19 amps. I did find that in hand mode I can increase the hertz up to 60 and the motor will run at full amperage. The only inputs are on and off the vfd does not monitor static pressures or tempuratures spo yes all or nothing, which is only this one vfd all the others have input analog.

Check the min/max motor speed in your quick setup menu.

okay thankyou.

No luck, I went through everything and all the parameters are set correctly it just won't operate at full speed, I will continue tommarrow thanks for your help and time.

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    No luck, I went through everything and all the parameters are set correctly it just won't operate at full speed, I will continue tommarrow thanks for your help and time.
    If you have the Trane Drive Utility and are able to e-mail me the programming file, I'd be more than happy to take a look at it.

Good luck.

If you dont have an analog or digital reference for speed then set min and max to 60HZ.

Is the drive getting a start command from EMS? There should be a relay or some other set of dry contacts starting the drive. What is it controlling?
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast