How do you get into marine hvac?

Question How do you get into marine hvac?

i was wondering how does one get into the marine hvac field? i have 9 years of residential hvac and would like to become certified in marine hvac. is there a trade school, preferably in FL, that i could attend? Or, do i have to seek out a marine hvac company for employment and hope they can take the time to give me some hands on experience? Any help or suggestions to look into would be much appreciated. I have already looked into ABYC, but didn't really find anything i could go on. I'm not that great at using the internet, so i could have overlooked something.

What city in FL are you located in/near?
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Be really careful what you ask for! Nothing like being in the bottom of a crab boat looking for a refrigerant leak in a holding bay. Or the other extreme, on a multi-million dollar yacht trimmed with some rare wood that only grows on a mountain in Tibet, pulling out a fridge in a cramped galley with the owner standing there watching you, as you hear that familiar scratching sound... Hopefully your are short and flexible in stature and long on patience Good luck, there's plenty of work if you're willing.

Just join the Navy like I did, ask for refer school after boot camp, good luck.
    Trying not to be a Hack.

Techrob: im in lehigh but service all swfl.
    Helioson: hahah thanks for the food for thought and laugh. I am flexible (i was the attic guy at the company i worked for), and patient (just ask my wife, it drives her nuts). I just thought it would be nice to expand my skills. Even thought about trying to get into refrigerated truck repairs.