Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hi guys and girls,
    long time browser, first time post (just signed up)

I dont do alot on ice makers down here, but as for hydrocarbons, here in oz thats the way they are pushing us! there only flamable between 2.5%-10% concentration, in saying that if there is no ignition protection on any of the parts its a no no!

not sure what gasses you have in the states, were still using SP34E and R406A for 12 "drop ins"

on such an old machine, avoid HC's.

>Muz

Manitowoc is coming out with HC
    Would agree and wouldn't consider it as a drop in. You'll get blamed for something even if it isn't your fault!
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    Manitowoc is coming out with HC
    It looks like they've been testing R290 (Propane): http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas...Ice+Makers.htm

HP81 was a replacement for R502 0n Manitowoc Ice Machines. It worked fantastic and at the time of development was huge secret. I have converted out of warranty Hoshizaki's from R502 to HP81, along with isolating the discharge line in harvest with a check valve and have seen huge improvements of operation on a KM cuber. This refrigerant was a great replacement, one of the best. Although it has been debated as to using it in other refrigeration equipment, I have never had an issue using it.

I remember Manitowowc had many problems with their TXV's. The part number 76-2109-3 will for ever be engrained into my memory. They switched to Danfoss which i think is a superior TXV compared to any valve on the market today......if you can braze correctly.

Bringing back an old thread!! I got a full 30lb canister if r-12 off some kid for $100 because he did not know what it was.. Anyway.. Charged up the machine and the head pressure will rise but the suction stays in a vacuum. So now its time to change the TXV..

I figured you had a bad TXV. $100 for 30lbs of R12 isn't too bad. It isn't worth much anymore, contrary to what many believe.

What about MP39?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123