Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: THPRE

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    You hired an unqualified person whom I'm sure you overpaid. Everyone has tried to help you.
    The truth is you manipulated the govt by getting an energy rebate an a system that is over engineered for you trailer, and now your pissed at everybody because they are not telling you what you want to hear.
    Get all the readings and useless information and see what changes in your situation. Nothing will change until you take responsibilty for your actions.
    Sheesh dude we are here to help if we can. Thats uncalled for IMO.

Post Likes
    WHICH NUMBER? THE CERTIFICATION REFERENCE NUMBER? IT JUST CAME FROM A COPY OF A PAGE FROM MY INSTALLER.
    THE NUMBER I SENT TO GOODMAN FOR WARRANTY REGISTRATION WAS
    HEAT PUMP - SSZ 160481AC
    SERIAL # 1001013387
    AIR HANDLER MODEL # MBVC 2000AA1AA
    SERIAL # 1005641465
    COIL MODEL # CAPF4860D6BA
    SERIAL # 0912735419
    THESE ARE FROM PAPER WORK NOT THE ACTUALL UNITS
    THANKS,THPRE

Post Likes
    I can't get validation of that AHRI number from the ahridirectory.org website. 1047241

Post Likes
    SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? YOU HAVE THE NUMBER CORRECT. WHAT I HAVE IS A COPY OF A FAXED CERTIFICATE. COULD THEY HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING AFTER SENDING THIS COPY? AT THE BOTTOM THERE IS A CERTIFICATE NUMBER - HARD TO READ AND A MILE LONG. 129246540081061465 MAYBE. I CAN'T REALLY READ IT. AND IT MAY NOT COUNT ANYWAY. DATE WAS 7/26/2010. THANKS

Post Likes
    I TRIED AND COULD NOT VERIFY IT EITHER BUT I DO NOT KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS SO IT MAY NOT COUNT.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crmont View Post
    Sheesh dude we are here to help if we can. Thats uncalled for IMO.
    I not being mean just calling them like I see them besides he's yelling at everybody. I commend you for your efforts, how many times can you tell a brick wall to move?

Post Likes
    Oh and not to mention 147 posts and three txv's later.

Post Likes
    YEAH TOOCOOL I HAVE CAP LOCKS ON ALL DAY ON MY WORK ORDERS AND SOMETIMES I AM TOO BUSY OR TOO LAZY TO TAKE THEM OFF. BUT THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR help.
    THPRE

Post Likes
    TOO LAZY you called it. WoW ThAt'S HaRd.

Post Likes
    I would get someone with an anemometer to measure the return air velocity. It's not the most accurate way of checking air flow but its fast & easy & would give you a ball park idea of how much air you're really moving..
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.
    When you appreciate what you have, you have a lot more.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I would get someone with an anemometer to measure the return air velocity. It's not the most accurate way of checking air flow but its fast & easy & would give you a ball park idea of how much air you're really moving..
    Although this is great advice there will be no attemp to correct the problems on this system only more drawn out dribble.

Post Likes
    TOOCOOL -WHO DID NOT DO WELL IN SCHOOL- YOUR ANSWERS HAVE BEEN THE LEAST INFORMATIVE AND YOUR SUPPOSITIONS ARE ALL WRONG. AN EASY CURE IS TO JUST GO AWAY. THANKS THPRE. To the rest of you thanks for your thoughts and opinions and thanks for educating me. I think I need to wait untill I get some response from Goodman. CRMONT - special thanks to you , you dug in and asked intelligent questions. Gary, I may try your suggestion but every time I tried to talk cfm or velocity all the pros figuratively looked down their noses at me and said "we don't care about cfm,only static pressures". Thanks for the help! Don't worry TOOCOOL there is always welfare!

Post Likes
    Static pressure is always good to know but it doesn't help determine CFM when you're dealing with a variable speed motor. Unless the static is above the threshold usually around .8 to 1.0, the motor is designed to push whatever CFM it is set up for. Maybe you could get a referral from a Goodman distributor in your area for one of their dealers that is familiar with that system. A lot of distributors have their own field tech reps that will go to the site when one of their dealers gets stuck on a problem.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Static pressure is always good to know but it doesn't help determine CFM when you're dealing with a variable speed motor. Unless the static is above the threshold usually around .8 to 1.0, the motor is designed to push whatever CFM it is set up for. Maybe you could get a referral from a Goodman distributor in your area for one of their dealers that is familiar with that system. A lot of distributors have their own field tech reps that will go to the site when one of their dealers gets stuck on a problem.
    Absolutely wrong.....static pressure when properly measured and compared to manufacturer's data has nothing to do whether is a variable speed motor or not!!!!! It may "push" a close cfm at .9 static but its still WRONG.
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    Static pressure is always good to know but it doesn't help determine CFM when you're dealing with a variable speed motor. Unless the static is above the threshold usually around .8 to 1.0, the motor is designed to push whatever CFM it is set up for.

Ok, so how would you know what the static is unless you took a static pressure reading.

It does also tell you if your going to be able to use a higher MERV filter or not.

Post Likes
    Goodman says they have no field rep. in this area. I have been waiting 6 days since giving them the numbers they wanted. Called my installer today - he called them -- we are still waiting. "All good things come to he who waits". I hope. Thanks THPRE

Post Likes
    did any one check to see if the coil is feeding 100%? such as a possible clogged distributor tube. I would want to compare pressures at coil versus outdoor unit. even though it may be airflow related don't assume it can't be a problem in side the coil, freon lines and so on. also verify the unit has the right compressor in it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    Absolutely wrong.....static pressure when properly measured and compared to manufacturer's data has nothing to do whether is a variable speed motor or not!!!!! It may "push" a close cfm at .9 static but its still WRONG.
    How am I wrong?
    You're missing my point. I was replying to the idea of trying to determine if the OP has proper airflow by static pressure measurements. Unless his measurements are off the charts that won't give us the answer.
    The whole idea of a variable speed ( also called "constant airflow motors") is to keep a constant amount of air flow under a wide range of static pressures. It is programmed to change the rpms needed to deliver the cfm selected. There is no manufacturers data that I know of that will tell you what CFM you will get under a particular static pressure with a variable speed motor. The only static pressure you might see in the literature if any will be a maximum allowed static pressure to where it can no longer maintain proper airflow. The only thing I've seen in writing so far has been from .8 to 1.0. tsp.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    FREONRICK I know it is a copeland scroll compressor but that is all - also a coil problem is possible as the system has never worked. THPRE

Post Likes
    Honestly, although this is goodman, there is way to much cluster'd crap for this to be goodmans fault.

Installed by a friend.
    Installed in a mobile home.
    Installed in a closet.
    No AHRI match as of yet.
    Installer can't figure it out.
    No Tech rep in area.
    Unusual static readings.
    Government rebates.
    Some weird government test that can be cheated.
    Homeowner trying to contact the manufacturer.
    Opened the refrigerant circuit more times than alot of systems see in their lifetime.
    Finally, 13 pages.

Your relief is not through goodman.
    It is through the contractor.

Me thinks:
    Your coil is wrong for the heat pump. Sized fine for cooling, not for heating.
    Your airflow is crap, compounding the issue.
    Your contractor called goodman, goodman told him they won't touch this abortion, because their up to their rear in their own abortions that they've created.

Which is why goodman won't come out.

I think I mentioned this earlier, but the reason they don't deal with you, is because they don't want to, and they don't have to. They want to talk to their customer (the dealer), not the dealers customer (you).

The reason goodman can't help you, is because there is nothing wrong with their equipment. It's operating the way it should operate under the circumstances.

Call a different individual out who has experience with goodman equipment.
    I've never heard of goodman refusing any warranty because a different contractor was used.
    Most likely, you have no labor warranty with goodman anyways, you have a 1 year labor with the contractor.

OR for that matter, did anyone even register this equipment with goodman?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in