Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: THPRE

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    I offer 3-1 odds that the indoor coil is incorrect, even if it's a "match".
    A 2 R instead of a 3 R.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    A 2 R instead of a 3 R.
    yep, exact situation that we discussed in the past, is what I'm thinking.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Did you use origional blower motor that came with trailer and just replace the coil that sits on top?

Did the goodman techline guy ask about static regain collar? Basically that pertains to their one piece airhandlers and acts as an extension of the blower outlet. Personally I haven't seen goodman publish data about regain.

A compensator holds (stores) refrigerant inside during heat and releases it back in cool. Recievers aren't typically used in residential and I don't believe they are used with heat pumps (i could be wrong) .

Quote Originally Posted by SBKold View Post
    Did you use origional blower motor that came with trailer and just replace the coil that sits on top?

Did the goodman techline guy ask about static regain collar? Basically that pertains to their one piece airhandlers and acts as an extension of the blower outlet. Personally I haven't seen goodman publish data about regain.

A compensator holds (stores) refrigerant inside during heat and releases it back in cool. Recievers aren't typically used in residential and I don't believe they are used with heat pumps (i could be wrong) .
    Goodman's been back and forth with receiver/accumulators. I do not believe the 2010 model has either.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

i know some people called what you are referring to a reciever but its truly a compensator.

Very different operation. But Kinda the same!

I will get the numbers tonight. Sounds as though some of you are knowledgeable enough to know what kind of a "match" was sold to me. Thanks for the reply , THPRE

I used the whole air handler from Goodman. It does have a variable speed blower. The old one was just a single speed electric heater. The goodman people did not ask about a regain collar , it was just mentioned elsewhere and I was not familiar with the term. When we have the telephone consultation on friday I want to be as knowlegable as possible. My installer is a customer/freind of mine but he has no idea of what to do. The house is made in three sections and each section has a main trunk duct with branches to the registers. Originally it had just one connector between the trunks. Now we have three 16 inch soft ducts ,one to each trunk duct . This made the air flow acceptable. Thanks,THPRE

We have recievers in the automotive business as well as acumulators- these I understand. Compensators ofcourse are not found in automobiles. How do you get around using a compensator without making the two coils the same capacity? Thanks for the answer , THPRE

Quote Originally Posted by THPRE View Post
    We have recievers in the automotive business as well as acumulators- these I understand. Compensators ofcourse are not found in automobiles. How do you get around using a compensator without making the two coils the same capacity? Thanks for the answer , THPRE
    That is way too technical for this area of the forums. We can provide general advice, but we don't delve into extremely technical issues.

Get your model numbers, then get back with us.

What I will tell you, is that the symptom your having is not uncommon, but I would suggest an individual who specializes in goodman equipment, as they will have ran into this before.

Do not find one who specializes in New homes.
    Find one who regularly installs AND services goodman equipment.

By the way, I've installed Goodman/Amana for 8 years, and never heard of a "static regain collar".
    Where have you heard this term?

I'm going to guess from someone on the engineering side.
    Which means he's overthinking this.

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

What is the return side like?

Take some pics for us.

I don't think they had any 2 row coil matches for a 4 ton unit.

You say its variable speed I wonder if its simply not wired right. Get us those numbers.

airflow airflow airflow
    We really need change now

Good morning , the Goodman numbers are as follows
    heat pump -- model # ssz160u81ac
    -- serial # 1001013387

blower / air handler -- model # mbvc2000aa1aa
    -- serial # 1005641465

coil --- model # capf4860d6ba
    --- serial # 0912735419
    I do not know if you are familiar with Proctor Engineering Group's "check me " program or if it just a west coast thing but I have a certificate saying that the air conditioner part of the system is working correctly with proper unit sizing and proper air flow and acceceptable numbers for duct leakage as well as good number for home air leakage. Thanks,THPRE

Whops - forgot to say that the line set size is copper 3/8 on small tube and 3/4 on large tube. This exactly matches the size of the tubes coming out of the heatpump. Line set is probably 12 feet long.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast