Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: THPRE

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Honestly, although this is goodman, there is way to much cluster'd crap for this to be goodmans fault.

Installed by a friend.
    Installed in a mobile home.
    Installed in a closet.
    No AHRI match as of yet.
    Installer can't figure it out.
    No Tech rep in area.
    Unusual static readings.
    Government rebates.
    Some weird government test that can be cheated.
    Homeowner trying to contact the manufacturer.
    Opened the refrigerant circuit more times than alot of systems see in their lifetime.
    Finally, 13 pages.

Your relief is not through goodman.
    It is through the contractor.

Me thinks:
    Your coil is wrong for the heat pump. Sized fine for cooling, not for heating.
    Your airflow is crap, compounding the issue.
    Your contractor called goodman, goodman told him they won't touch this abortion, because their up to their rear in their own abortions that they've created.

Which is why goodman won't come out.

I think I mentioned this earlier, but the reason they don't deal with you, is because they don't want to, and they don't have to. They want to talk to their customer (the dealer), not the dealers customer (you).

The reason goodman can't help you, is because there is nothing wrong with their equipment. It's operating the way it should operate under the circumstances.

Call a different individual out who has experience with goodman equipment.
    I've never heard of goodman refusing any warranty because a different contractor was used.
    Most likely, you have no labor warranty with goodman anyways, you have a 1 year labor with the contractor.

OR for that matter, did anyone even register this equipment with goodman?
    I think you nailed it.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Quote Originally Posted by THPRE View Post
    I purchased a new Goodman 16 seer heat pump,it was installed late summer of 2010. Made cool air but come winter had to remove refergerant because of high pressures. Then have to add it in the spring and remove every winter since. Installer has replace three tx valves and one drier. All to no avail. My installer knows less about refergeration theory than I do [ I am fairly knowledgable] and he does not even understand the function of a compensator. Goodman will not talk to me and they do not have a factory representitive available in our area.But we do have a telephone conference set up for the end of this week - friday.
    I would like any thoughts as to possible solutions and possibly the differences between compensators and recievers. Also what is a static regain collar and does it pertain to my situation? Thanks
    Replaced three txv's and ONE drier. Missed that on the first read.

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    York VS drop off after .6" static. Yes I know we're talking about a Goodman in this thread.

Also hasn't been established yet if the Static rating on that blower includes the coil PD or not. If not, then the OPs static is much higher then he posted.
    You're absolutely right but even if we add another .3 or .4 for the coil to his measurements we only get about .7 which is still under the .8 mentioned in the manual. I would expect a very high static in a mobile home setup so the fact that his may not be that bad makes me wonder if the motor is set up correctly. I had a job where an oversized VS AH was installed & the duct system was designed for a 1.5 ton. The place sounded like a wind tunnel it was so noisey coming out of the registers. You thought they were gong to blow off the wall. It was an older model unit & there was no setting lower than 1050 cfm not even at continuous fan. Even two days with the distributor tech support rep & the manufacturer support rep we couldn't find a way to slow it down. I can't remember the tsp but it was so high we were laughing about it. I have no idea of the actual CFM it was moving but I guarantee it was a lot closer to 1050 than 600 even at ridiculously high static. If the OP's ductwork is too small & the motor is set up right it should be blowing his curtains off the walls. If the ductwork is blocked up somehow then his static pressure would go through the roof. Oh, we ended up changing the AH.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

I agree with Hvacvegas, probably a mismatch on coil inside. This coil will work on cooling, but not have adequate freon storage in heating compounded by air flow problems caused by installation. Once again, it's the responsibility of the installing contractor at this point. My question...where was this equipment purchased??

Me? I'D NEVER INSTALL A TWO SPEED 16 SEER HEAT PUMP IN A MODULAR/MOBILE HOME USING REGULAR RESIDENTIAL EQUIPMENT. NO WAY, NO HOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    I agree with Hvacvegas, probably a mismatch on coil inside. This coil will work on cooling, but not have adequate freon storage in heating compounded by air flow problems caused by installation. Once again, it's the responsibility of the installing contractor at this point. My question...where was this equipment purchased??

Me? I'D NEVER INSTALL A TWO SPEED 16 SEER HEAT PUMP IN A MODULAR/MOBILE HOME USING REGULAR RESIDENTIAL EQUIPMENT. NO WAY, NO HOW!!!
    Purchased on non contractor account.

CRMONT - Equipt. registered july of 2010. This AHRI cert. has a date of 7/26/2010. Is that considered old enough to be obsolete?

The equiptment was purchased from Thermal Supply , in Medford , Or. I'm confused again - do the static pressures and cfms show an air flow problem?

Toocool and hvacvegas - you both need to read the earlier posts and then your replies will be more pertinent. hvacvegas - do some homework on the various govt. programs and you will be able to better serve your customers.

The equiptment was purchased from Thermal Supply , in Medford , Or. I'm confused again - do the static pressures and cfms show an air flow problem?

We just aren't believing the static numbers that we're given. We aren't any better off than when we started this thread. The ball is in your court now.

How many times do your questions have to be awnsered?
    You have the wrong equipment for your application.
    This is a result by you trying to SAVE money or just by being cheap.
    You refuse to listen to reason, You made the mistakes, you are reapededly asking for help, you receive the help and don't want to beleive the messenger. You cannot think your way out of this situation or complain your way out of it. You made mistakes now live with them. I think your mind is bordering on insanity at this point. As FENG says go the the doctor and get your brain checked.

Yeah - ok makes sense - but I just have to go with what the testers tell me and the papers the installer gives me and see what Goodman finally says, since I'm not actually doing any of the tests. Thanks for all the well intentioned help and answers. THPRE

Good idea since we can't actually fix anything from here and force feeding info does not really work too well.

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    You're absolutely right but even if we add another .3 or .4 for the coil to his measurements we only get about .7 which is still under the .8 mentioned in the manual. I would expect a very high static in a mobile home setup so the fact that his may not be that bad makes me wonder if the motor is set up correctly. I had a job where an oversized VS AH was installed & the duct system was designed for a 1.5 ton. The place sounded like a wind tunnel it was so noisey coming out of the registers. You thought they were gong to blow off the wall. It was an older model unit & there was no setting lower than 1050 cfm not even at continuous fan. Even two days with the distributor tech support rep & the manufacturer support rep we couldn't find a way to slow it down. I can't remember the tsp but it was so high we were laughing about it. I have no idea of the actual CFM it was moving but I guarantee it was a lot closer to 1050 than 600 even at ridiculously high static. If the OP's ductwork is too small & the motor is set up right it should be blowing his curtains off the walls. If the ductwork is blocked up somehow then his static pressure would go through the roof. Oh, we ended up changing the AH.
    Older VS blowers didn't have a governor on them like the new ones do. Which will keep the motor from over revving, and keep the static down a bit.

I doubt the OP's is set up right, or the static would be higher.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516 LastLast