Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: THPRE

SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? YOU HAVE THE NUMBER CORRECT. WHAT I HAVE IS A COPY OF A FAXED CERTIFICATE. COULD THEY HAVE CHANGED SOMETHING AFTER SENDING THIS COPY? AT THE BOTTOM THERE IS A CERTIFICATE NUMBER - HARD TO READ AND A MILE LONG. 129246540081061465 MAYBE. I CAN'T REALLY READ IT. AND IT MAY NOT COUNT ANYWAY. DATE WAS 7/26/2010. THANKS

I TRIED AND COULD NOT VERIFY IT EITHER BUT I DO NOT KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS SO IT MAY NOT COUNT.

Quote Originally Posted by crmont View Post
    Sheesh dude we are here to help if we can. Thats uncalled for IMO.
    I not being mean just calling them like I see them besides he's yelling at everybody. I commend you for your efforts, how many times can you tell a brick wall to move?
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Oh and not to mention 147 posts and three txv's later.

YEAH TOOCOOL I HAVE CAP LOCKS ON ALL DAY ON MY WORK ORDERS AND SOMETIMES I AM TOO BUSY OR TOO LAZY TO TAKE THEM OFF. BUT THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR help.
    THPRE

TOO LAZY you called it. WoW ThAt'S HaRd.

I would get someone with an anemometer to measure the return air velocity. It's not the most accurate way of checking air flow but its fast & easy & would give you a ball park idea of how much air you're really moving..
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I would get someone with an anemometer to measure the return air velocity. It's not the most accurate way of checking air flow but its fast & easy & would give you a ball park idea of how much air you're really moving..
    Although this is great advice there will be no attemp to correct the problems on this system only more drawn out dribble.

TOOCOOL -WHO DID NOT DO WELL IN SCHOOL- YOUR ANSWERS HAVE BEEN THE LEAST INFORMATIVE AND YOUR SUPPOSITIONS ARE ALL WRONG. AN EASY CURE IS TO JUST GO AWAY. THANKS THPRE. To the rest of you thanks for your thoughts and opinions and thanks for educating me. I think I need to wait untill I get some response from Goodman. CRMONT - special thanks to you , you dug in and asked intelligent questions. Gary, I may try your suggestion but every time I tried to talk cfm or velocity all the pros figuratively looked down their noses at me and said "we don't care about cfm,only static pressures". Thanks for the help! Don't worry TOOCOOL there is always welfare!

Static pressure is always good to know but it doesn't help determine CFM when you're dealing with a variable speed motor. Unless the static is above the threshold usually around .8 to 1.0, the motor is designed to push whatever CFM it is set up for. Maybe you could get a referral from a Goodman distributor in your area for one of their dealers that is familiar with that system. A lot of distributors have their own field tech reps that will go to the site when one of their dealers gets stuck on a problem.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Static pressure is always good to know but it doesn't help determine CFM when you're dealing with a variable speed motor. Unless the static is above the threshold usually around .8 to 1.0, the motor is designed to push whatever CFM it is set up for. Maybe you could get a referral from a Goodman distributor in your area for one of their dealers that is familiar with that system. A lot of distributors have their own field tech reps that will go to the site when one of their dealers gets stuck on a problem.
    Absolutely wrong.....static pressure when properly measured and compared to manufacturer's data has nothing to do whether is a variable speed motor or not!!!!! It may "push" a close cfm at .9 static but its still WRONG.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime.

Give a man a capacitor, doesn't know what to do. Teach a man to install it, now he knows everything.

Static pressure is always good to know but it doesn't help determine CFM when you're dealing with a variable speed motor. Unless the static is above the threshold usually around .8 to 1.0, the motor is designed to push whatever CFM it is set up for.

Ok, so how would you know what the static is unless you took a static pressure reading.

It does also tell you if your going to be able to use a higher MERV filter or not.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Goodman says they have no field rep. in this area. I have been waiting 6 days since giving them the numbers they wanted. Called my installer today - he called them -- we are still waiting. "All good things come to he who waits". I hope. Thanks THPRE

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213141516 LastLast