Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    It's currently -32c here. Saturday is supposed to be -3c. Anytime you want to move, let us know
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

I myself am relatively new in this field 3+ years. I am currently running all the service for my company. My boss always tells me if you can't figure something out and your in a bind to call tech support, those guys know the equipment inside and out and it's helped me out many times. Good luck keep up the hard work

Quote Originally Posted by Dowdhvac View Post
    I myself am relatively new in this field 3+ years. I am currently running all the service for my company. My boss always tells me if you can't figure something out and your in a bind to call tech support, those guys know the equipment inside and out and it's helped me out many times. Good luck keep up the hard work
    x2

First of all I'd like to commend you for your attitude & work ethic. There's far too many people that would just do what their journeyman said and leave it at that. Your willingness to try & figgure out the 'why' and do things the right way will serve you well in this profession. It may seemlike you're swimming upstream right now (and you are!) but eventually it will get easier for you and you'll start looking forward to new challenges. It feels great when you can come in after others have given up and solve the problem. In a small community word gets around quickly that you are the 'go-to guy' and you can charge accordingly.

I hope you solved the problem by installing the trap. The vast majority of pressure switch issues are from improper drainage or venting. They're usually fairly easy to figure out, but once in a while you get a head scratcher. I had one a few years ago that drove me around the bend. Intermittant pressure switch faults on a new install. Venting and drains were fairly short and simple and we couldn't ever catch it in the act. We finally ended up pulling the secondary HX and discovered a piece of plastic had gotten in the coupling box between the primarys& secondarys during manufacturing and would move around inside intermittently blocking the drain. You just never know!
    Where are you? Are you done yet? I got ONE more call for you.....

Was sent out to replace the Cleveland Control pressure switch that was installed as we did not at the time have the proper Honeywell pressure switch. The original Honeywell switch had a 0.65 "Wc rating. Used a manometer to get the Cleveland as close as possible to that rating. So, when I put the new Honeywell switch on the furnace it does not run. Codes pressure switch just as it did before. Used the manometer to check the pressure and a multimeter to check the switch. It is working as its rated.... But will not run the furnace. Put the Cleveland switch back in and it runs as it should. So the Cleveland was left in place. Can I just ask what would be up with that...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123